• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo Tolerance

PurpleDANK9

Bluelighter
Hey everyone! I have a doubt about tolerance from Benzos. And I'm talking about Alprazolam (Xanax).

Will my tolerance going to reset someday? How or what can I do for lower dose hit me like a higher dose. 1mg for me doesnt do almost anything these days.

Only 1 month? I did that while ago and i didnt feel that my tolerance was lower. :S

Exactly. It's like the first time I had a 10mg hydrocodone. I nodded soooo hard... ever since, no matter how much I take, can't catch a nod from hydrocodone.

Xanax isn't exactly recreational anyways, it's a tool and a medication in my book.

Even if I take months off of opiates and return it feels great again... but it'll never be the same.

Sad thing is with all addictions it's only good in the beginning.

I find benzo tolerance resets very quickly personally. Even one week is usually enough for me but YMMV.

Opiates on the other hand, you get into that situation where even once your tolerance resets it goes back up again very quickly.

It might come down to what you're expecting from it and what it's supposed to do. If 1 mg doesn't do anything to you, as you say, it might not be the tolerance (I've never experienced any noticeable tolerance for benzos), although I do find that it might 'feel better' when taking it for the first time after a longer period of abstinence. But that's not what benzos are for really and chasing this might prove to be pointless.

The only scenario where I find it doesn't seem to work as well is for killing the anxiety which is a product of an opiate withdrawl, but then it's probably not benzo tolerance to blame. The effects of benzos usually only get worse the more you dose.