• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Benzo taper for friend

Pissed_and_messed

Moderator: EADD
Staff member
okay, so the situation is that my alcoholist friend has been dabbling with benzos a lot lately and at some point I realized, and soon my friend too, that the situation has got out of hand or is about to get out of hand. Precisely, 45 x galenikan ksalol 1 mg (claimed 1 mg alprazolam but they are from streets, no one knows) I supplied to them less than two weeks ago, are already running out. I don't know how much he has given to his friends. But even if it was half of them, this is very alarming. He has realized this too. And this was not really the first batch of ksalols they've got rid of with concerning pace.

My plan therefore is to supply him with 8x1,5 mg bromazepam (lexilium, I know shit about them, never heard or seen and I can not count out possibility they are not what they say they are). And 25x15 mg oxazepam, these are high quality, real shit. Pregabalin or gabapentin are possible to score also, even tho bulk of taper should be done with benzos OFC. Those have the downside, duration of action is pretty long and might make you act very out of it, which is not good for working man that has gained attention already for seizuring in work. Market situation is for some reason very fucking shitty right now and that is the best I could score now.

My suggestion would be to somewhat stabilize with what ksalols they have left, taking the least amount that keeps him off the trouble. When they run out, do one 1,5 mg bromazepam in the morning and 15 mg oxazepam at night until bromazepam runs out. When bromazepam runs out, I don't really know what would be the best course of action and would replacing it with any significant amount of oxazepam be counter-productive as 1,5 mg bromazepam is apparently so little already.

I am also going to suggest getting CBD oil, which is FINALLY EASY IN MY COUNTRY WOOHOO! But I am not sure if it is good idea to dose with bromazepam. At least with diazepam I figured out it could possibly decrease metabolization to diazepams active metabolites, but there is no conclusive research about in what ratios CBD inhibits different enzymes AFAIK. I didn't research further, but at least wikipedia does not even know to tell much about bromazepams metabolism. In theory, CBD could increase blood levels of good stuff to make the little bromazepam we have to last longer. And CBD is great even if it didn't affect metabolization. With oxazepam, there is no issue because it glucuronized.

It is important to remember, MY FRIEND HAS HAD 3 SEIZURES AFTER QUITTING DRINKING.

I am obviously going to supply them with more benzos if they fails, without judgement, because then it becomes a question of keeping them alive after enabling them reaching this point. Which I don't really regret, because they are alcoholist and that fucks liver and stuff, so I think I acted the best I could.

He is working man and probably would get decent-quality addiction treatment from professionals, funded by employer, if nothing else does the trick and he decides he is ready for that.

So, what do you think?

But I think you might be overcautious here and giving them too much of a long taper.
At this point, I don't think long taper can really make it any worse either. Only issue could be not being able to follow it through over the suggested few weeks and fucking it up for that reason, I guess. Imma gonna state to them that this is their best chance now and if they fucks it up now, it will only get more and more difficult. Maybe diazepam could be better than this stuff I have now, but that is what we don't have now. Some people do better with more intense approach because they can not come with terms of being dysfunctional for too long.

They has been addicted to alcohol for some years, I don't know if it could be called dependence yet. But that is more realistic scenario day by day if they can not figure out what to do about it. First seizure was year and half ago when they was not messing with benzos. Just because of quitting alcohol after summer holidays.

*switched from he to they. I have used they too long, I can not use other pronomins naturally any more. Don't get confused.

That whole Ashton Manual is I guess decent, but on reddit and benzobuddies, there are people literally tapering for YEARS. I was on that boat, but usually just gave up and tried again later. I finally got off benzos by being a low stress (minimally working) situation, and did it over 2 months with the help of carbamazepine. I found there was no way to really avoid feeling rebound anxiety, but carbamazepine helped quite a bit. In retrospect, acute withdrawal really wasn't that bad. Way easier than I expected after 7 years of use. What was hard was PAWS related cognitive problems, which took a year to resolve.

Yeah, I am also going to suggest they takes time off work, I also couldn't quit benzos before quitting work.

These lexiliums taste like green/black mold, dunno if it is feature of real deal, but absolutely vile anyway. only 5-meo-mipt is more disgusting.

E: actually FUCK MY ASS I forgot to run coffee brewer on just water after cleaning process it brought some disgusting shit in my coffee along the way. Lexilium is perfectly fine I guess. Or IDK. :barf:

Last edited:
I introduced my proprietary program and stated I am not professional and they should first mind their life and going backwards if they feel it is necessary. They were thankful for me minding about it.

I also realized that I should not make any promise to them about my future supply; because it is definite I can not be there for it some day no matter about my commitment. I also don't maybe always want to give a fuck and I want to keep it that way.