• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

(Benzo) Strong Xanax Rebound Symptoms

Jimbothemate

Greenlighter
Hey guys,
Ive been taking xanax on a lower level to manage my anxiety. Doctor prescribed. Ive been using it for about two years, but never taken more than one mg in a day. ive never taken it to get high, sometimes taken it preventatively when going into situations that cause my social anxiety to skyrocket. ive never binged, and the most consecutive days ive taken it would have to be three from what i can remember. Ive really not taken them as much lately, maybe once a week if even that, but when i take them, the next day, week, even two weeks is enveloped in panic attacks and heart palpitations. Out of fear of it getting worse with a repeated dose i truck through it and it will fade. when i take it these days its 0.5mg once in the morning usually on a day where i feel disassociation upon waking and driving to work. I really dont understand why a rebound would be as severe as it is considering the frequency and dose ive been taking. Could it just be my own agoraphobia convincing me im rebounding, or does anyone else have issues similar to me? looking for any kind of sugguestions.. I get severe disassociation in public places and heart palps if it really gets going, so having the xanax available as a tool to get through every day situations is really handy. its just scary that i can feel like such garbage coming off of it. such a catch 22. Thanks to anyone who could shed light on this for me. its been puzzling me for months now.

Best advice I can give, is that if you really need a benzo for anxiety clonazepam (Klonopin ) is your best bet. Give that, or a non-benzo approach a try.

Your experience is somewhat common when using short acting benzos, but you do seem a bit hypersensitive to the rebound effects.

Short acting benzos will do that, for sure. I know first hand, from much less usage than yourself.

Good looks guys. I really don't want to be on any kind of management medecine. But I'll talk to my doctor about it and see if there's a better option like klon or beta blockers or something. It's really silly to suffer a week of anxiety to help one hour long instance.