• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo reset time?

VerbalTruist

Administrator
Staff member
I've been taking Valium 20mg every week or so for anxiety for five years or so. Recently the effectiveness of the meds have not been as great. I took a 30 day break and when I took a dose after the break there wasn't much that was different from this time until now.

How long do I need to take a break for to 'reset' my noggin?

Thanks guys.

Ive been told by several different sources that getting away from benzo tolerance can take anywhere between 1 and 3 months for most people, depending on your usage and the specific drug. I would assume you should aim for somewhere around 2 months.

If this does not work, you may want to talk with your doctor to see if you need to switch to something different, or maybe find alternative ways to work on it.

thats wicked you been doin so well for five years an the suddenly they not workin? my thoughts are tollerance change to phenibut instead

I'm not changing over to phenibut. And moving to an alternative isn't really an option either as I know what works for me.

I'm just wondering if my GABA receptors will ever go to a point where 20mg gets me to a comfortable place. Or am I always going to need like 50?

Full recovery for the GABA receptors can take 6 months to a year

I'll have to look at medical literature on the subject I guess. It doesn't surprise me that it could take up to a year. *sigh*