• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo question (should I be okay?)

OurPaleCompanion

Greenlighter
Hello! Long time lurker. I'm currently 19, struggling with addiction for the last 4 years. The substances I have been addicted (as in full on physical addiction) to have included alcohol, heroin/opiates and now I fear benzos. I quit heroin and got on a sub script about a year back and other than a handful of slip-ups shooting oxy and dope, I've been sticking to my Suboxone. I've been taking and abusing benzos while i was abusing heroin. Since stopping, I've been prescribed 90 5mg valium which I will usually finish in a week or so and supplement with a Xanax here and a kpin there. If I were to run out of benzos, I might have a night or two of rough sleep but I'd be fine. My ideal regimen nowadays is 4mg sub, some of a benzo, DPH 50-75 mg, marijuana, and various herbal supplements like 5-htp, valerian, ect.

Recently I experienced an unexpected breakup resulting in an unexpected move. I dealt with this in a very addict way, and in the month since the move, I've been taking 450mg diazepam, 140mg alpraz, 60mg ambien and 28mg clonaz. This is over a 3 week period. I still have 9mg clonaz left until my Valium, am I likely to experience w/D's and if so, with what intensity? I'm a tad scared, frankly. Thank you

i'd say that you're in for some wd's but i find (and YMMV) that i can binge heavily in a relatively short space of time - one month for me - and i get wd's that last about 4 days.
it'll mainly be rebound anxiety and insomnia, but it shouldn't be too bad. once again this is all from a subjective viewpoint, we really have cannot tell you with what degree you will feel the wd's; benzo withdrawals are unique to the individual. all i can say is, yep, you're in for a bumpy ride; but it'll be a short trip.

<edit> i didn't factor in the subs, clonaz and weed - if you're careful you could quite possibly ride this out with just a few days discomfort if you triage your resources appropriately.

good luck mate.

Last edited:
Assuming you're to get your Valium script refilled in a week, be really careful about how you portion out your remaining 9mg of clonazepam because seizures are a giant concern here. Most of the other symptoms aside from insomnia develop over a number of days and reach their peak in 2-3 weeks. Weed can sometime exacerbate benzo withdrawal symptoms.