• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo interactions in those with high tolerance and individuals with slow metabolism(zero idea if it matters)

EGGOD

Greenlighter
First post here, so sorry if my post comes as off awkward or poorly written.

I have a slow metabolism and suffer from severe agoraphobia , germaphobia, OCD and intrusive thoughts every minute of the day and as such have developed a very high tolerance for benzos and benzo analogues like ambien

Whenever I ingest high doses of klonopin(25mg) at once, the anxiolytic effects which completely kill my anxiety and OCD, ended up LASTING 10-12 days during which, ingesting anymore klonopin, weather 1mg or 15mg did nothing and produce no more anxiolytic effects, nor did they elongate the aforementioned 10-12 day period.

I previously took clonazolam which was effective every single day and time, but its potency lead to too many black outs, injuries, stumbling around memory loss and property damage.

I'm currently taking Diclazipam 4ml/ and it worked wonders for my mental illnesses within minutes the first day But after taking the same doses the rest for the rest of the week daily,(and even increasing them) the complete erasure of the intrusive thoughts(OCD) of the first day is gone while the agoraphobia and GAD is gladly mitigated(which I'm thankful for) and I've been pretty chill this week.

I was wondering If anyone else here has or can relate to any experience with what I'm talking about or if this is just a half like problem seeing as how klonopin has a half-life of 30 to 40 hours, Clonazolam's is 6-10 hours and Dicalezepam's is 42 hours.

Should I take my Diclazepam doses every 2 days for full effect or take it every 4 days.

Any advice is appreciated. Whether for the problems listed above or from the way I type.

Last edited:
Hey EGGOD- If you are feeling the peak and trough of these meds this atypically, you may want to speak to your doc and have levels drawn daily (or EOD) for a week or so. That’s probably the only real way to determine if the effect is your biology or your perception. The second piece to take into effect is that maybe it doesn't matter, if you have found an effective dosing strategy for you.

Thanks for the reply but no Doctor that wants to keep his license would ever dispense benzos to me after my previous debacles. They'd rather give me SSRIs that make turn me into a soul less husk with brain fog and E.D, with diarrhea coupled with the the kind of impulse control that almost got me hit ny cars a few time and a few street fights.

That's correct. Read a bit about the liver cytochrome system, how substances were metabolised and what it does to your body. You're right there are poor and rapid metabolisers, but it depends on the liver cytochrome it is metabolised with. Many substances are metabolised about a lot of liver cytochromes but everybody is reacting diferently of course.

nice evening

JJ