• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Benzo foreign names please

Valium is probably called Valium - as I do not believe that Roche ever branded it otherwise - unlike their original clonazepam patent which branded the medicine as Klonopin in the United Sates and Rivotril in Europe and other territories.

Unless you are after a specific brand of a benzodiazepine, for instance you mentioned UpJohn / Pfizers 'Xanax' - the original patented brand of alprazolam - you are likely to have little trouble in obtaining these drugs from Ukranian prescribers and pharmacies if you simply use the common chemical name - unless you are desperate for branded benzos such as Librium, Lexopam or Mogadon - you are much more likely to be understood if you state the actual drugs you want - instead of the three branded medcines I have just mentioned they will get the gist a lot more quickly if you use the proper terms for the active ingredients - so Librium, Lexopam and Mogadon would be better described as chlordiazopoxide, bromazepam and nitrazepam.

This advice would be universal when asking about any medicine of any kind in any country that does not ;)use English as their official language. Ask a Spanish chemist for a box of Nurofen and you will possibly get a look like you have 2 heads, but ask for ibuprofen and you will get their 600mg generic beauts straight away.

Last edited:
So I should just say the chemical name? Alprazolam. I just figured it would be different way of saying it.or a different name altogether is all

that's the gist. they may have localised tweaks in the spelling (i have been prescribed generic Spanish diazepam in Ibiza and the box spelt the drug as 'diazepan') but the doctor knew what I was on about

Granted - they probably have a better grasp of English over there than in the Ukraine, which I haven't visited, but as far as I can gather it is spelt алпразолам in Ukranian - google it and it should translate as alprazloam. It appears that they prescribe both generic алпразолам and 'Xananx' so in the case of this particular drug, both the chemical name and the brand should be widely understood and recognised.

alright....ima give it a shot....I cant bring these back without a script right? to the US I mean...

I'm honestly not sure Hydro - you will have to check your own state and federal laws regarding this but it is not advisable to be in possession any medications such as this without a valid prescription, especially when importing them or crossing international borders.

In the UK all benzodiazepines in current medical use have been illegal to possess without a prescription since 1985, as they are controlled under class C of our Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 - the UK legislation that covers the production, supply and possession of drugs identified by the UN Convention on Psychotropic Substances of the same year.

Wasn't there a moderated from Ukraine. They are telling me they don't sell this in Ukraine.... No benzos whatsoever. Wtf?....my gf is Ukrainian but doesn't know anything abvout any of this

They may not sell them over the counter but they will have diazepam as it is on the WHO essential drugs list, albeit supplied under a doctors prescription.

They also appear to have more or less most other benzodiazepines that are available in western countries.

For all the misery and addiction they can cause benzodiazepines are essential medicines as they save lives - every country has them - how easy they are to get hold of depends on the local prescribing and pharmacy policies.

two words - search engine