• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo equivalent between Klonopin and Ativan (Lorazepam)?

kx_

Bluelighter
Hey,

I am trying to find out what's the equivalent dosage of Klonopin to Lorazpepam.

The benzo table says that 0.5mg Klonopin is equal to 1mg Lorazepam. Is it true?

I am asking this since I have been on Klonopin avg 1mg daily for about 2 months (some days 0.5, some days 1mg and few days 1.5mg..... but AVG 1mg).On few ocassions I took 1mg LOrazepams (onlyu couple of times, and not mixing with Klonopin).... I am looking for the right plan to taper.

On my disposal I have:

10 x Klonopin 2mg tablets

12 x Lorazepam 2.5mg tablets

Thanks!

I personally find lorazepam MUCH weaker than clonazepam.. I have tried Ativan, Xanax, valium, and currently take 1mg klonopin about 3x a day... the other 3 work great, each in different ways of course.. I don't know how do you feel when you take the Ativan? do you find it to be about the same strength as the benzo conversion chart says? I don't! I need at least 5mg of Ativan to feel even remotely close to what 1mg of klonopin, 1mg of Xanax, or 10mg of valium would do for me.. its pretty much going to vary with one person to another person when they take benzos of different kinds. I myself have always preffered long acting benzos like klonopin and valium, and while I do enjoy Xanax, its duration of action is way to short for my liking, plus it turns me into a mumbling, kleptomaniac, idiot if I take more than 4mg... I have literally, no lie, taken 10mg of Ativan over the course of about 2 hours one day, and felt next to nothing, just the most subtle possible anxiety relief one could ever get.. it was bizarre. I have taken it more too, and in doses of 2-5mg I felt pretty much nothing from it, hardly any relief from my anxiety.. I think it should be an over the counter anti-anxiety med, because it is not very strong at all ime. I would go with valium for a taper, that is what most people use to taper off of benzos... it has a crazy long half life, but its duration of action varies drastically from one person to the next... 10mg of valium keeps me anxiety free and happy for the first half of the day at the very least... sometimes longer, I was prescribed 50mg a day when I had it, and was never unhappy, had no anxiety, and just felt wonderful for the entire day and slept like a baby all night.. its all up to you and your doctor ultimately, tapering off benzos isn't something to play around with, you have to make sure your as comfortable as possible and take as much time as you need, because you don't want those withdrawls from trying to jump off too quick...I would do a slow taper, and if you like Ativan better, and it works better than valium for you, then just use it to taper then... if not ask your doctor for valium instead..

Your conversion is accurate. Lorazepam (Ativan) is generally considered to be about half as potent as Clonazepam (Klonopin) weight for weight. There's going to be a little bit "lost in translation" as it were, because Clonazepam has a longer half-life/duration of action than Lorazepam, but you should be able to use this for a benchmark in estimating your taper. Just make microadjustments to your dose if need be.

I wouldnt use the ativans for tapering just keep them on hand if you absolutely need one after kpin tapering and then go to dr for more kpins.

I personally find lorazepam MUCH weaker than clonazepam.. I have tried Ativan, Xanax, valium, and currently take 1mg klonopin about 3x a day... the other 3 work great, each in different ways of course.. I don't know how do you feel when you take the Ativan? do you find it to be about the same strength as the benzo conversion chart says? I don't! I need at least 5mg of Ativan to feel even remotely close to what 1mg of klonopin, 1mg of Xanax, or 10mg of valium would do for me.. its pretty much going to vary with one person to another person when they take benzos of different kinds. I myself have always preffered long acting benzos like klonopin and valium, and while I do enjoy Xanax, its duration of action is way to short for my liking, plus it turns me into a mumbling, kleptomaniac, idiot if I take more than 4mg... I have literally, no lie, taken 10mg of Ativan over the course of about 2 hours one day, and felt next to nothing, just the most subtle possible anxiety relief one could ever get.. it was bizarre. I have taken it more too, and in doses of 2-5mg I felt pretty much nothing from it, hardly any relief from my anxiety.. I think it should be an over the counter anti-anxiety med, because it is not very strong at all ime. I would go with valium for a taper, that is what most people use to taper off of benzos... it has a crazy long half life, but its duration of action varies drastically from one person to the next... 10mg of valium keeps me anxiety free and happy for the first half of the day at the very least... sometimes longer, I was prescribed 50mg a day when I had it, and was never unhappy, had no anxiety, and just felt wonderful for the entire day and slept like a baby all night.. its all up to you and your doctor ultimately, tapering off benzos isn't something to play around with, you have to make sure your as comfortable as possible and take as much time as you need, because you don't want those withdrawls from trying to jump off too quick...I would do a slow taper, and if you like Ativan better, and it works better than valium for you, then just use it to taper then... if not ask your doctor for valium instead..

Yeah, I prefer long acting benzos definitely. Xanax really sucks because its all gone very soon..... Out of all of them I like Kpin the most. It just gives me calmness, confidence and motivation to do stuff. Althought I had 1mg just today and I am barely feeling antyhing.... So the tolerance kicked in for me.

About Ativan: yeah, it is weaker compared to Kpin. When I take 1 - 1.5 mg I feel kinda like tipsy or light drunk, feels nice... However, after 2-3 hrs, I feel funny,... relaxed, but not in the same way as Klonopin... Also with Ativan I notice there are bigger amnestic effects for me (not remembering stuff tomorrow).

Haven't tried combining them together and see how it feels like... yet.. Lol