• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo equivalence - is it based on subjective feelings or scientific research?

Renald

Bluelighter
Based on what are benzo equivalence charts created? Subjective feelings of users or scientific data on receptor affinity?

subjective feelings of users IMO there is always an on going battle on benzos mg conversions
i would take a chart as a good guesstimate

the chart is okay but for me to sleep/be high i find xanax twice as potent as klonopin but i enjoy the klonopin. but more idk why? so its either 3mg xanax or 6mg klonopin for me anyways.

the chart is okay but for me to sleep/be high i find xanax twice as potent as klonopin but i enjoy the klonopin. but more idk why? so its either 3mg xanax or 6mg klonopin for me anyways.
Im the same way in fact even .5 mgs of xanax will make me very sleepy but i can take 2mgs of kpin and be awake all day

Take enough subjective feelings and combine them into a research and you'll have an objective scientifical data.

Imho benzo equivalency charts themselves won't do much unless you know what is the profile of a benzo.

Im the same way in fact even .5 mgs of xanax will make me very sleepy but i can take 2mgs of kpin and be awake all day

This is because every benzo has unique properties. There is no such thing as simple benzo effect as each benzo has varying amounts of sedative, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant and muscle relaxing properties.

iLhfYxf.gif

As you can see clonazepam has very different profile than alprazolam although they are often cited as being equal on mg per mg basis.

This is because every benzo has unique properties. There is no such thing as simple benzo effect as each benzo has varying amounts of sedative, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant and muscle relaxing properties.

iLhfYxf.gif

As you can see clonazepam has very different profile than alprazolam although they are often cited as being equal on mg per mg basis.
I think that charts off a bit as it says lorazepam is even more sedative than aplrazolam but i find it even less sedating than kpin

Subjectively it might be so but in general lorazepam is considered to be pretty sedating.

There are plenty of things which affect single individual's outcome when taking drugs such as setting and what drugs they have taken prior which is even noticeable when taking them randomly.

I like the broken English part of the chart. It's making my head hurt. I understand a few of them. Is the bottom one Temazepam? Also it seems like I want to switch to Valium right away. Seriously, I want to understand the chart and I am considering switching to Valium.

I like the broken English part of the chart. It's making my head hurt. I understand a few of them. Is the bottom one Temazepam? Also it seems like I want to switch to Valium right away. Seriously, I want to understand the chart and I am considering switching to Valium.

it says tetrazepam but i think they mean temazepem

If anyone gets bored and wants to decipher some of the names on this chart,that would be cool. I will try also. I already figured out Valium and Clomazepam ;) but some of these are pains in this posters ass.

iLhfYxf.gif

Where is this chart from? Looks not very realistic for me based on my subjective feelings ...

Take enough subjective feelings and combine them into a research and you'll have an objective scientifical data.

Imho benzo equivalency charts themselves won't do much unless you know what is the profile of a benzo.

I think comparing drugs based on their pharmacological properties is objective and based on what the users feel, even if it is published in a research from hundreds of them is subjective.
Anybody knows Ki values for most popular benzos, can we compare them directly and calculate the equivalent dosages?

No, it should really be tetrazepam, it is known by its prevalent myorelaxant properties.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrazepam

Any way I scanned it from German Psychiatric Association text. Hence german language and german brands.

And as I said in a former posts sucjective opinions become research if there are enough of them.

Angstlösend : Anxiolytix,
Sedativ : Sedative
Muskelrelaxierend : Musclerelaxing
Antikonvulsiv : anticonvulsive