View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Benzo dependency and tripping

Professer

Bluelighter
I have to take benzos for back pains. I tripped last night, moxy/4-aco-amt/ and didnt quite get to the visual level I wanted and there was not much psychedelic mind space. Just nice visuals and music, which was altering the visuals at one point. Got a ++ anh a half at best. 1g rue was ingested halfway in to try and boost it.

I want the walls to be melting and all kind of level. Can I even get there on my very high benzo tolerance? (~400-500mg valium a day)

how do benzodiazepines help with your chronic pain? and taking benzos in addition to psychedelics will more than likely always lead to dampened effects

Benzos do tend to dull trips but with that said, I've tried 5-MeO-MIPT and 4-Aco-DIPT together before and must say, the trip was VERY muddy. Surprisingly more than both chemicals alone. Maybe it has to do with tryptamines binding to most of the same receptors.

Chronic muscle pain, benzos are the only thing ive found to be pain free. Working on tapering down and PT. Had a car accident 2 years ago, spine pain is gone but between that and being bedridden I developed lotsa muscle pain. I wont mix em anymore. Aco is going on the back shelf for a long time, too special to waste.

Moxy just seems novel to me, not as concerned. But will benzos dull the visuals? I know it did mentally, and I didnt quite get the results I wanted on part of my dosing schedule, but it didnt seen to hinder visuals.

Benzos totally kill a trip imo. I don't think you can get the type of trip you're looking for while on benzos. Maybe you could try DMT?

I got a vial of it burried for when I return to NC mtns. I dont care about mindspace at this point... I just want to know if 25mg diclazepam (250mg diazepam) would really hinder visuals that much. I get them just fine, just, I have no controlled experiment to base it on.

Either way im tapering down, but I can only go so low. I let my self get to 50mg daily just wanting to feel smething. 25 seems fine so far, i started @ 16 for theraputic effects.

And I could always find my special ways to get more DMT, or mushrooms.

And try to think about this for someone who takes benzos to achieve a normal state. Not like 18 yo me taking a xanax bar. I cant get high on em, just normal.

Well, it may be different for someone who is using them to feel normal opposed to recreational benzo dosing. All you can do it try honestly. The combination is perfectly safe with benzos and psychedelics.

well tonight i waited till shakes set in, and planned to dose half and use moxy after i tripped yesterday (I know, this stuff just doesnt seem important to me to not be a bit wasteful)

so 10mg moxy, 1hr later 15mg more and 25mg diclaz vs 50mg

WDs were managed and pain, ++ visuals -- i just get no mindspace at all, just music and watch it flow

needless to say ill give my body time, and work on the benzos more

400-500 mg per day? That seems like a monster amount....did you maybe add a zero on accident?

Ok....but not really. I've eaten 25 of that before and it's in no way = to 250 mg of Valium! Not even close.

was your product 98% pure powder? pellets?

it's around 7-10x potency - research some -- and the effects are not like valium at all totally different benzo effects

this discussion ends here, ^ this off topic crap

I still wonder if it hinders the visuals, I know it does the mindspace... keeping in mind im just dosing to get 'normal' not high

Yes, benzos suppress the entire psychedelic experience IME. I have taken psychedelics with benzos still in my system, and I have taken benzos at the end of psychedelic trips. When taking psychedelics with benzos still in my system (the night before typically), the full mental/visual effects can take longer to manifest than if I were sober. Especially depending on the benzo's duration/potency/effects, etc. When I take benzos at the end of a trip, the visuals will typically die off within 30 minutes and I return to a calm baseline. It can take as little as .5mg of xanax for me.

Benzodiazepines just dampen life in my experience. And when combined with any drug they can dampen the effects heavily (possibly excluding alcohol/other CNS depressants). Psychedelics seem to suffer the most from this.

I always loved benzos with mushrooms and L. I think they increased the euphoric effects by a lot. And the fun factor was increased

I may just have to dose higher on tryps to get where I want, and work on getting benzo tolerance down. I still dont think its impacting visuals too much, as I only dose to get 'normal' with benzos

p.s. I heard not ejaculating for a while can result in a harder trip, from a couple ppl. Anyone have input?

Last edited:
p.s. I heard not ejaculating for a while can result in a harder trip, from a couple ppl. Anyone have input?

lol ive never heard that one before, i cant imagine sex interfering with a trip unless done simultaneously

Last edited:
a few people on shroomery said, trust me, do it

I cant manage to much lately anyways, so if thats true, I got that goin for me. Wont his the tryptamines for a bit, experimenting with daily rue though.