• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo comparrison questions from new user

brycewise

Greenlighter
I will be going to a Doctor next week for treatment of Anxiety and insomnia. In the past I used Alprazolam .5mg tablets for about 6 months. They worked fine and I didn't have any negative effects except they would wear off quickly and I needed to take it more often as a result.

I did like the feeling Alprazolam provided I just wished it lasted longer.

Even though I am seeking the medication for legitimate use, I wouldn't mind having a euphoric effect too. I define a euphoric effect as being relaxed, wanting to sit on a couch to watch a movie and or promoting a philosophical thought process.

I was wondering what the forum members experience as to the pros and cons of Alprazolam compared to Diazepam, Lorazepam, and Clonazepam and how would you rate the 4 as far as how well it provides the euphoric qualities I mentioned and having those qualities last for about 6 to 8 hrs, but doesn't leave you feeling too sluggish in the morning.

Last edited:
Xanax can have quick withdraw with abrupt discontinuation, is a con of it. How many .5's were you taking per day? I believe Clonazepam to be a better choice for you since it has a 24+ hour half life and doesn't have a hangover effect, for me anyways. Lorazepam is short acting as well, along with Xanax, made for immediate relief for panic attacks. Diazepam has the longest half life of all of them, but personally I find the effects of it wear off quicker than Clonazepam. As far as euphoria goes, once tolerance builds you just get used to the calming feeling, as I don't see benzos as being euphoric (unless Midazolam, Nimetazepam, Temazepam, etc) but if they can help you with your everyday life tasks then I hope you get what you want out of them.

OP, look above your post. There is a benzo conversion chart to check out. Also, there is a benzo males thread on this site. Lastly, Google all your benzo questions.

I didn't experience any withdrawal, and I just stopped using it about 5 years ago. I believe I was taking 2 or 3 per day before bed so roughly 1mg to 2 mg once daily.I am a very active person so being "lazy" for me is very uncommon, and makes me feel unproductive. Something that makes me okay with being lazy is euphoric... Maybe that's a better way to describe why I'm seeking,

I checked out that chart. It didn't describe the way it made the user "feel".

I did check the out other threads and I didn't see any that were answers to my question exactly and I thought it better to ask the question as it pertains to me specifically and what I'm seeking, then go on answers provided for someone else's question that pertains specifically to them and what they are seeking.

Last edited:
I checked out that chart. It didn't describe the way it made the user "feel" and I thought it better to ask the question as it pertains to me specifically and what I'm seeking, then go on answers provided for someone else's question that pertains specifically to them

Yes, this is one of the problems with conversion charts. They cannot distinguish subjective effects but are a decent reference point.

If not taking chronically, diazepam actually has a pretty short duration. Has to do with distribution in and out of CNS as well as into other body tissues. With long term use you may get enough build up of it or metabolites to make a difference. Clonazepam has less of this distribution even with one time dosing so generally it lasts longer despite a shorter half life. It is long enough to feel sedation the next day though and takes longer to work.

I think the euphoria is much more a matter of tolerance and preference. Any of these can do it, but not like opioids.

Hi,
in my opinion alprazolam is mainly anxiolytic not really sedative or muscle relaxant (compared to other benzo) and a little sort of well-being that we can call "benzo-euphoria"
Lorazepam is just anxiolytic i find it useless personaly
Diazepam is anxiolytic, Sedative and Muscle relaxing
Clonazepam as all of these qualities with a great "benzo-euphoria"

Some years ago i used Rivotril (clonazepam) regulary with one or two beer it was perfect. For me it was the best benzo. but since 2013 they restricted the prescription, we must see a neurologist. so my doc switched me to valium (diazepam) but its not the same thing. i had a really better quality of life with my clonazepam.

But everybody react differently to each benzo.
And as one user said for me the only benzo with real euphoria is Midazolam ( never tested Nitemazepam, and i don't agree for Temazepam i find it like the other benzo. Midazolam is really different i find)

I vote for Clonazepam! That's my favorite in all aspects and it last a good while without leaving you to sluggish the following day.

I have to go with Clonazepam, I used it in and off for 12 years and been taking daily for the past 2. In the beginning I would get a slight euphoric buzz off .5 mg then when I took 1mg I would get a nice Buzz and that lasted for months. Now I don't feel anything after taking 2 mgs at a time, you have to respect benzos. I never went higher than 4 mg at a time.I am prescribed 3 mg per day. It is the only medication that keeps me grounded.