• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo after 1 year break

maul91

Greenlighter
So in december I am 1 year benzo free, I was addicted to Xanax and Zopiclone(z-drug) for about 3 years. Zopiclone stopped working after like a year or so. I started with 7,5 mg and when it stopped working I took 15 mg. When I was at 22,5 mg it stopped working no matter if I took 1 or 2 more. I took one break for 8 weeks and then another one for 15 weeks, still didn't work. Xanax did work but it also stopped working after like another year I think I was at maximum 2-3 mg. The thing was at this time I was living very unhealthy. I was fat, lazy, didn't work out, didn't eat well. Not sure if that matters BUT:

This year I have changed my life style completely. I have lost 70 pounds, found a job, eat healthy, work out several times a week and I have been 100% clean from all substances, not even zip of alcohol.

I wanna try some Zopiclone maybe around christmas this year, just to see if it works. I have no intent to go back on them(I mean there are other drugs).

Do you guys think my tolerance has dropped?

Yes your tolerance has definitely dropped, but as I'm sure you know, it builds very rapidly with z drugs. Since you already have a previous addictions, tolerance and WD symptoms will happen even more rapidly than before.

Congrats on turning your life around! Sounds like you made an awesome comeback. Just stay safe and keep in mind that it can be really easy to fall back into old habits. Good luck :)

Yes your tolerance has definitely dropped, but as I'm sure you know, it builds very rapidly with z drugs. Since you already have a previous addictions, tolerance and WD symptoms will happen even more rapidly than before.
Congrats on turning your life around! Sounds like you made an awesome comeback. Just stay safe and keep in mind that it can be really easy to fall back into old habits. Good luck :)
Yup, I am very aware of that. But surely just trying it once(and if it works, maybe taking once a week max) would not give me WD symptoms right?
I know how easy it is to fall back, that's another reason why I have taken this long break from every drug. Now I have balance in my life and I also have some alternative drugs to try out(like Lyrica), I will never fall back into benzo addiction that's for sure. Thanks btw.

Dude it's the monkey speaking to you. Why do you just want to try it once? You know damn well if it works your gonna start taking them again. Let's just avoid it all and stay to your healthy life style

Dude it's the monkey speaking to you. Why do you just want to try it once? You know damn well if it works your gonna start taking them again. Let's just avoid it all and stay to your healthy life style
Yeah if they work I am going to take them, but I am just going to take them very rarely. I will never take it more than once I week. If I have to, it will be something else like a weak opiate or some cannabis etc. I have relapsed after two tolerance breaks before, and I have learned my lesson. I will not make the same mistakes again.

Usually tolerance to GABAergic drugs takes along time to drop/sometimes doesn't drop at all, but you should take the dosage you started with, before upping