• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo 2 wk clean then relapse - how bad did i set myself back?

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
I took diazepam for 1 year at 10 to 20 mg 5 to 7 days per week. I stopped for two weeks cold turkey. No real withdrawal symptoms other than delayed sleep (could still sleep 8 hrs...just hard to fall asleep).

The biggest withdrawal symtom was a "dirty" feeling is the best I can describe it. Similar to how you feel after getting past the peak of opioid withdrawal and into paws.

So after 2 weeks clean I took diazepam again two nights in a row. How badly did I set myself back? It seems I wasn't super dependent in the first place but this is my first time ever really using benzos extensively so it's all new to me. I am still on low dose methadone the whole time which probably helps mask symptoms a little.

Thanks for your thoughts

Hey @LucidSDreamr I don't think you have much to worry about. It sounds like you've had only limited experience with Benzodiazepines, so you shouldn't have to worry about a little setback like this. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going with the plan :)

You're probably good, it will likely set you back in terms of being able to sleep easily, it will make that last longer. But as long as you don't keep taking more, you shouldn't be too bad off.

Hey @LucidSDreamr I don't think you have much to worry about. It sounds like you've had only limited experience with Benzodiazepines, so you shouldn't have to worry about a little setback like this. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going with the plan :)
I seemed to have gone back taking 10 mg every other day for the past week after my detox.

I am really starting to like the benzo high...honestly more than an opioid. This is not a good development in my tastes for drugs.

Every other day with diazepam unfortunately is probably landing you right back into withdrawals, especially since the half life is so long. If you've recently been dependent, it is extremely easy to get dependent again.

Often when people have chronic anxiety, they find benzos to have one of the best highs. The relief of anxiety is worth its weight in gold

I took diazepam for 1 year at 10 to 20 mg 5 to 7 days per week. I stopped for two weeks cold turkey. No real withdrawal symptoms other than delayed sleep (could still sleep 8 hrs...just hard to fall asleep).

The biggest withdrawal symtom was a "dirty" feeling is the best I can describe it. Similar to how you feel after getting past the peak of opioid withdrawal and into paws.

So after 2 weeks clean I took diazepam again two nights in a row. How badly did I set myself back? It seems I wasn't super dependent in the first place but this is my first time ever really using benzos extensively so it's all new to me. I am still on low dose methadone the whole time which probably helps mask symptoms a little.

Thanks for your thoughts
Be careful with any benzo.You are lucky that not been addicted after that time.Use only in need as prescribed for short intervals.Be safe