• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Benadryl OD

Bobcom100

Greenlighter
It's been about 24 hours since i took over 1000mg of Benadryl. the reason im posting this is because im wanting to know if the side affects from the OD are permanent or not. I dont know if im still high or have caused brain damage. but i feel as if im going insane. I took over 1000mg last night at a party, i had been drinking and took a few hits. I dont remember anything from last night but a few of my friends told me i looked dead. I am 15 and only weigh 95 pounds. if anyone could give me any info on the Long term affects from a Benadryl OD that would great.

Why the fuck would u do that? You don't have brain damage either, just made a dumb decision. Hope you don't grow older and try that with real drugs.

Im sorry to be the one to tell you this. You need to reevaluate where you are in life as a 95pound child slammin down benadryl. I'm not sure about the long term effects but I am sure that the short term effects involve you realizing that you are terrible at getting high. pick a different hobby kid.

Then again i am currently living in a human waste infested sewer directly beneath an overpass, so what do i know.

There shouldn't be any bad long-term effects,as long as you had no problems breathing etc.
You are 15 goddammit, stop taking drugs until you are at least 18.

Last edited:
You should thank yourself extremely lucky because if it had been a CNS depressant (Central Nervous System) mixed with alcohol you could have wound up dead.

Stay safe and don't take medications without as much prior knowledge on what you're doing.

Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) is not a drug to get high on. It causes delirium at higher doses and 1000mg is just insane, especially at your age and weight.
Please abstain from drugs until you are more mature and then maybe smoke some weed but educate yourself on stuff like that before you gobble down a gram...
If you had known what the effects are like you probably would have said: No thank you!

I hope you learned from this and that you are ok now. This day you could still be fucked up but after a good night of sleep, lots of fluids and healthy food you should feel better.

you're gonna be alright, i called times like these "story-makers" but i digress

i did the same once (although not quite reaching 1000mg) and feel asleep in a down sleeping bag during a heatwave, proceeding to wake up 8 hours later so drenched in sweat that there was a puddle at the bottom of the bag and i was so dehydrated i couldn't talk my tongue was so swollen.

Needless to say, just smoke some goddamn weed

I used to take around this dose every night for sleep for a period of months. Benadryl abuse is really bad for you no joke. The anti-cholinergic effects are disgusting you dry up from the inside out, you can't piss, mad shittings like having a bloody miscarriage every time. So chill out kid, there are better drugs to ruin your malleable teenage brain with if necessary (as it was for me).

I've been there. Benadryl(or any of its relatives) is a terrible drug to get high on. It feels like you're being poisoned and are on your way to die. What's weird is that I see too many kids acting like Benadryl is the cool thing to do.

You're 15, and most people will tell you to not do drugs. As much as you might not want to hear it, they're right, you shouldn't do drugs. At a young age like that you can negatively impact your development. You're not going to turn retarded, but you won't be as mentally stable as you would be without them. I'm a living testament to this.

If you stay on this path, you might reap things that are far from pleasant.

When I was 14, I was too stupidly eager to do drugs. I was warned about the path I'm choosing. I was given very good advice, and I should have heeded it, but I didn't. I'm an opiate addict now, and I can't stop for the life of me. No one starts out saying I'm going to be an addict or I'm going to die of a drug over dose.

If you're going to continue getting high, at least do some research first on whatever it is you're going to be using. For me, Erowid, was the mecca of safety and information. Don't do anything before running it through the site's Plants and Drugs Index. You'll know the proper dosage, duration, action and the risks associated with the substance that you're about to do. You'll be educated instead of where you are now, making a thread on Bluelight, wondering if you have brain damage.

You also have to remember that knowledge of the drug only shields you up to a certain point. It doesn't protect you from addiction. I knew everything and anything about opiates before I tried them, that knowledge gave me a false sense of security. I seriously thought everyone around me was stupid because they're addicted and are selling their mom's TV to get high. I looked at that and thought, that'll never happen to me. Unfortunately, I didn't count on that one little part when you do something and think, "wow, this is what I've been missing all of my life. This makes me who I want to be. If God had anything better, he'd keep it for himself."

Whatever you drug of choice is, it'll the panacea of life until you're selling your mom's TV to get more of it.

I've been there. Benadryl(or any of its relatives) is a terrible drug to get high on. It feels like you're being poisoned and are on your way to die. What's weird is that I see too many kids acting like Benadryl is the cool thing to do.

You're 15, and most people will tell you to not do drugs. As much as you might not want to hear it, they're right, you shouldn't do drugs. At a young age like that you can negatively impact your development. You're not going to turn retarded, but you won't be as mentally stable as you would be without them. I'm a living testament to this.

If you stay on this path, you might reap things that are far from pleasant.

When I was 14, I was too stupidly eager to do drugs. I was warned about the path I'm choosing. I was given very good advice, and I should have heeded it, but I didn't. I'm an opiate addict now, and I can't stop for the life of me. No one starts out saying I'm going to be an addict or I'm going to die of a drug over dose.

If you're going to continue getting high, at least do some research first on whatever it is you're going to be using. For me, Erowid, was the mecca of safety and information. Don't do anything before running it through the site's Plants and Drugs Index. You'll know the proper dosage, duration, action and the risks associated with the substance that you're about to do. You'll be educated instead of where you are now, making a thread on Bluelight, wondering if you have brain damage.

You also have to remember that knowledge of the drug only shields you up to a certain point. It doesn't protect you from addiction. I knew everything and anything about opiates before I tried them, that knowledge gave me a false sense of security. I seriously thought everyone around me was stupid because they're addicted and are selling their mom's TV to get high. I looked at that and thought, that'll never happen to me. Unfortunately, I didn't count on that one little part when you do something and think, "wow, this is what I've been missing all of my life. This makes me who I want to be. If God had anything better, he'd keep it for himself."

Whatever you drug of choice is, it'll the panacea of life until you're selling your mom's TV to get more of it.

That is some really good advice

Thank you all for the great advice. I can really say that a benadryl trip is not an experience i want to go through again. and as i stated in the first post i felt as if i was going insane and that feeling would never leave. the hallucinations i experienced were not a "fun trip". i will for sure be staying away from benadryl or any other over the counter drugs when it comes to getting high. well maybe ill take a little break from getting high and remember what i did on the weekends.