• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Belbuca

Brycetaylor88

Greenlighter
My son has recently been prescirbed to Belbuca. It is in a strip form and I believe it is 300 mcg. I am worried he May be using it to get high. Does belbuca have recreational benefits? If so, would his dose of 300mcg do it or would he need more or less? I am trying to keep an eye on him to help him. Please invite someone who would know. I dont want to accuse him if he isn't doing anything wrong.

All opioids have recreational value (some more than others indefinitely) and all of them get you high whether you are intentionally doing so or not.

If he's prescribed that amount I wouldn't force him to take less or something that's against the doctor's orders. If he's taking more than the dose to score a killer high than you could just monitor his amount.

My doctor has called in people to show him their script on certain dates to see if someone is abusing/selling the medication. It's kind of an intrusive thing to do but if you really think your son is abusing his script the only way to tell is to monitor how much he's taking. I wouldn't go paranoid over this though--not worth it. Why don't you talk to his son about your concerns instead of asking a forum something we are unable to tell you? Trust is important in parenting but so is privacy and there needs to be balance. If you don't approach this carefully he won't trust you anymore and hide his habits which inevitably makes them worse (this is just assuming he is indeed taking more than the prescribed amount).

Hello,
I know this thread is ancient but I wanted to say for anyone searching for this information currently that 1. If someone is prescribed belbuca it's usually because of chronic, severe pain that is resistant to treatment with other meds. 2. Belbuca has very little (if any) recreational benefit in my experience, and if it does, it would be at a much higher dose than 300mcg. I currently take 600 mcg twice a day and the only difference between taking it and not taking it is the horrific pain that returns when I forget a dose. So please, if someone you love is given this med, trust them. Let them take it. It's like the last med in line for those seeking to get high. There are so many easier drugs to abuse, this one is legit for pain management. It's given me my life back. I've been on it over a year and it still works as well as the first month. It does take a bit to build to a therapeutic level in your system, if I recall it was about 3-4 days but it helped before then, just not as much. Thanks for taking the time to hear old lady out! I'm not one to party but I do have chronic pain and take meds to manage it. I have a connective tissue disease called Ehlers- Danlos syndrome and am in constant, horrific pain. Belbuca is a miracle drug for me.

Hey LadyCr0w,
I’m very happy for you and I will pray it continues to help you live a better life. I’ve been on Belbuca for one month and I’ve actually been able to do more things around the house. I started a new hobby which I enjoy because of reduced pain. A hobby never was on my radar before bc I mostly laid in bed with pain & being very uncomfortable. I’m actually enjoying part of my life. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!