• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Belbuca

Brycetaylor88

Greenlighter
My son has recently been prescirbed to Belbuca. It is in a strip form and I believe it is 300 mcg. I am worried he May be using it to get high. Does belbuca have recreational benefits? If so, would his dose of 300mcg do it or would he need more or less? I am trying to keep an eye on him to help him. Please invite someone who would know. I dont want to accuse him if he isn't doing anything wrong.

Hi belbuca contains buprenorphine which is an opioid so it can certainly be used to get high, however - unlike heroin, oxycodone or morphine - buprenorphine is a partial opioid agonist, this means it has less abuse potential/addiction risk than conventional opioids.

As to whether your son is getting high on his 300mcg dose, this depends entirely on his opioid tolerance. It is not a particularly large dose but could be very strong for someone who hasn’t used opioids before.

Is your son on Belbuca (buprenorphine) for pain relief? Was he on other opioids before this drug? If so, for how long and at what dosage?

Why do you suspect him? Has he had addiction issues in the past? In terms of addiction liability buprenorphine is probably one of the least problematic, it is a strong opioid but many people with opioid tolerance don’t get high from it no matter the dosage

Last edited: