• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Belbuca withdrawals timeline?????

riverhaven

Bluelighter
I know I must sound like a weenie, and compared to withdrawing from a far more serious Dilaudid/methadone and heavy kratom addiction doing a buprenorphine withdrawal complaint probably sounds pretty lame to a lot of people and it does to myself too LOL. But here I am, I am a chronic pain patient who lives half the year up north ( where my pain doc is ) and half the year down south. My doc just informs me he will no longer be calling in my Belbuca patches down to FL, of course lying that it isn't allowed anymore, but since I am a retired doc myself I know that is nonsense. The office's first idea was that I get my kids to go pick up my Belbuca at the IL pharmacy and mail it to me in FL ... LOL oh yea, let's all get arrested for mailing narcotics!! I said, how many snowbird patients do you have that you are telling to do that? Then they told my to just get a FL pain doc to write for it. I have been there done that running around like a chicken with my head chopped off trying to get some new pain doc to PUHLEESE write me the same narcotic script this other doc has me on so I don't go into withdrawals and it NEVER ever works. So, I figure I am on the lowest amount of narcotic pain meds I have ever been on in my life, and I swear something about the Belbuca kind of flipped a switch in my addict brain-- I don't feel the NEED for anything anymore. It is really nice, I have been on it a solid two years and I think it sort of "fixed" addict brain for me. Anyway, I decided to take what's left of my supply of Belbuca and taper off the 450mcg patches I was on twice a day for pain- the sublingual kind. I took a week to taper. I am now maybe 80 some hours out and when I keep thinking the peak is over.. it isn't. I have clonidine, some gabapentin, a wee bit of clonazepam ( which I really do NOT want to use much of as that was a problem in the past), lots of CBD/THC dummies, and every damn herbal remedy they suggest LOL. Stupid long half life.....But to see if life sans narcotics is a possibility is so close!!!!

I've never experienced buprenorphine withdrawal but given the half life, it will be relatively protracted. My guess is physical symptoms will be over completely by day 10, but other symptoms (depression, lack of energy etc) will last longer. Since you've experienced withdrawal from heavy duty opioids like methadone, any opioid withdrawal will be felt more intensely than the average person. Additionally, opioid withdrawal gets worse with age, so buprenorphine withdrawal is nothing to sneeze at.

My guess it would not be difficult getting a buprenorphine prescription however. And the mailing of buprenorphine probably isn't the biggest deal, although sending schedule III drug interstate probably does bear some risk. Then again if you have a valid script I imagine it could explained away.

I have this nagging thought ever since I started doing better off the heavy narcs, only on Belbuca, that I didn't really need the narcs. A lot of my pain was narc withdrawing at the end of each dosing interval with pain meds. The long acting Belbuca solved some of that but it makes you realize - oh that low back pain in narc pain!
I never thought about the cumulative affect of multiple withdrawals...I do know I am hypersensitive to pain so I am pretty much in agony right now.... I do hope we are peaking

From what I understand buprenorphine has some of the shittiest withdrawals. It's not going to be as bad as methadone but it'll be worse than kratom for sure. The main thing is that it will last a long time.

It generally took me about 14 days to get over the physical symptoms, and at least another 14 for the phycological ones, to subside when I was doing buprenorphine and jumped off.
I wouldn't say that a month is exaggerating the duration of the withdrawals, probably underselling it even. Sorry to say.

Buprenorphine is the worst fucking opioid I've had to get off. I wish you luck.

And at 80 hours since last dose, things are just starting to pick up the pace. Get some lope, soups and whatever OTC/meds you can.

Ughhh, are you guys serious???? This really sucks... Oh well. Last "medical" paper I read said up to 10 days, but what do docs know LOL. OK day 4 officially sucks but I think last night the pain was really the worst, it is better today, epsom salt bath helped. I really am hoping on 10 and not 14! I am not having too bad psych stuff other than jump out of your skin crap that the CBD/THC dummies help with nicely. I am doing this to myself really, chances are as a doc I could pretty well get another doc to give me more Belbuca- but you never know. But, I do truly now feel badly for all the pain patients out there who go through this because of insurance problems and they can't get this expensive as shit medicine- it is up to $1000 a month now in IL. That is absurd. I sincerely doubt it costs anywhere near that to make, and they have probably already made back what it cost to develop 10 times over....

That is an absolutely absurd cost, jesus. Lots of addicts get prescribed buprenorphine in the form of suboxone. Never heard of anyone having to pay that much.

I would pay I think 250$ for 30 8mg sub strips, but that was a good couple years ago..mailing your med isn’t an issue, just send it usps priority with false names on the to and from and a false return addy, worst case the shit never arrives, but that is very rare..Iv sent so much through the mail I don’t even look at it as risky anymore tbh, just make sure it’s sealed up nice and won’t break open with whatever abuse it will get going through the mail system and your good

It's not Suboxone- there is no naloxone in it. It is for chronic pain, it is just buprenorphine in a little sublingual patch- and yes- if they can make Suboxone strips for that cheap, than why oh why can they not make something with one drug less for as cheap??? I have messed my kids up enough with my addiction/pain issues over the years- I will not ask them to send me drugs, no way no how... NOT happening. That was a no go from the start, never mind the illegality.
I have found the best way of getting thru this is sleeping LOL- this concoction called Elmidrol ( mostly just vitamins and herbs) plus little bits of some clonazepam, THC dummies and yes- I float away the afternoons which are the worst. Wake up for some dinner and a TV show or two and then some trazadone to hit bed early. LOL I read once about some center in Tampa that detoxed people by basically putting them in suspended animation for 10 days. I like the idea. My only problem is we are snowbirds and my squeaky clean hardly even drinks never takes any pills doesn't understand withdrawals for shit SO is driving me NUTS about when we can head south with the Canadian geese LOL...

Thinking on it- it is a definite racket for big Pharma to play on pain patients and pain docs- to dangle this Belbuca for patients. Especially since they want everyone off opiates and a lot of docs are wanting to prescribe this drug now- but it is so frigging expensive too many people can't afford it- they get shoved into that rock and a hard place. Just another way for Big Pharma to profit on the suffering of others.....I am trying so hard to get off this freakish merry-go-round....

Well, for anyone else coming on here looking for information about bupe withdrawal- here is what happened. I am a snowbird and it so happened that we were due to drive down from IL to FL at the 1 week mark in my recovery. T his was a big UGHHHHH... I tried so hard to not take anything- but I couldn't really use all my usual things to help, like THC and phenibut. So, when I ended up in so much agony I couldn't take it anymore I decided it was just plain silly to put myself thru so much pain and I took a couple of hydrocodone each of the three days to make it thru. Basically I went from a bupe withdrawal to a hydrocodone withdrawal. Then I picked up a damn cold along the way- that's the worst, add on the muscle aches of a damn cold LOL... So, when I got the FL I went cold turkey off the hydrocodone and had a couple of days of a brief ickiness which may have been mostly cold and not withdrawals. I had very little of the jumping out of my skin feelings, just a lot of back pain. Epsom salt bath is the BEST- the ONLY time I have no pain, I highly recommend just sitting in the tub until the water gets tepid. I am almost at the 2 week mark- you guys were right- it is two weeks for bupe withdrawal- I don't think the hydrocodone prolonged it, it just made me have an extra couple of days of prolonged back pain-- I probably would have finished with that during the days I was driving ( had I just stayed in place). It's like you have a set number of days of pain- you just have to go thru them, you can put them off, but you are going to have to do them. Now I have to wait for the cold to go away to figure out what pain I am left with to decide what to do about my chronic pain- can I live life off narcotics?? I haven't been off them since I was in my late 40s I am now 61. LONG time.....

Well, for anyone else coming on here looking for information about bupe withdrawal- here is what happened. I am a snowbird and it so happened that we were due to drive down from IL to FL at the 1 week mark in my recovery. T his was a big UGHHHHH... I tried so hard to not take anything- but I couldn't really use all my usual things to help, like THC and phenibut. So, when I ended up in so much agony I couldn't take it anymore I decided it was just plain silly to put myself thru so much pain and I took a couple of hydrocodone each of the three days to make it thru. Basically I went from a bupe withdrawal to a hydrocodone withdrawal. Then I picked up a damn cold along the way- that's the worst, add on the muscle aches of a damn cold LOL... So, when I got the FL I went cold turkey off the hydrocodone and had a couple of days of a brief ickiness which may have been mostly cold and not withdrawals. I had very little of the jumping out of my skin feelings, just a lot of back pain. Epsom salt bath is the BEST- the ONLY time I have no pain, I highly recommend just sitting in the tub until the water gets tepid. I am almost at the 2 week mark- you guys were right- it is two weeks for bupe withdrawal- I don't think the hydrocodone prolonged it, it just made me have an extra couple of days of prolonged back pain-- I probably would have finished with that during the days I was driving ( had I just stayed in place). It's like you have a set number of days of pain- you just have to go thru them, you can put them off, but you are going to have to do them. Now I have to wait for the cold to go away to figure out what pain I am left with to decide what to do about my chronic pain- can I live life off narcotics?? I haven't been off them since I was in my late 40s I am now 61. LONG time.....
Does anyone happen to know if it will damage the Belbuca Strips, if you cut it in half or in three pieces? I’ve seen claims on other websites that say if you cut the strips “it will damage the delivery system of the Whole Strip”. So was just wondering if that’s true, or if they are just trying to discourage people from cutting them. Thanks in Advance

Does anyone happen to know if it will damage the Belbuca Strips, if you cut it in half or in three pieces? I’ve seen claims on other websites that say if you cut the strips “it will damage the delivery system of the Whole Strip”. So was just wondering if that’s true, or if they are just trying to discourage people from cutting them. Thanks in Advance

It may increase the rate of absorption.

Dear RiverHaven,

I am a 20 year chronic pain user of Morphine. Over the last two years I have gone from 200mg ER twice daily down to off morphine, on to Belbuca 300mg now, but its only been a month, i have still been having leg jerks from the morphine withdrawl, which hydrocodone helped with as I kinda swapped to that as I went down to the Belbuca. I want off it all. I was thinking faster the better. I just completed my first full 24 hours of no hydro, only Belbuca. Two days actually - if I make it through tonight. But - should I just jump off Belbuca now? Is my body addicted to the akaloids in this and there will still be a withdrawl no matter what - or... do I have it beat and can I just get off with minimal suffering? I was going to put off the final kick until June, and basically take two weeks off work and just stay loaded on gummies and wild turkey. How are you doing? Do you have any advice for me? Would be greatly appreciated.

Conan

Belbuca definatelly helps with the pain, but it has been announced that bup makes teeth crumble. I ha a beautiful smile and only 2 cavities at ag 52. Now a year later and 4 molars have crumbled! FDA has finally admitted that bup causes severe dental issues! It sucks because i was functioning and had a quality of life on perc 10 , 1 every 4 hours. Then doc said had to drop down to every 6 hours and add belbuca. Now I'm screwed