• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Belbuca and Ativan

Cappington

Greenlighter
Is it safe to mix about a quarter of a Belbuca strip with a mg or 1.5mg of Ativan? I'm a complete novice when it comes to this stuff, so any information would be appreciated.

Is it safe to mix about a quarter of a Belbuca strip with a mg or 1.5mg of Ativan? I'm a complete novice when it comes to this stuff, so any information would be appreciated.
I’m not sure if you can even cut the Belbuca Strips. I’ve seen A Person on another forum claim that his Doctor said it was Okay, but on a lot of other Websites it does say not to cut the strips, because if you do, it may change/damage the strip from being extended release to immediate release.

I’m not sure if you can even cut the Belbuca Strips. I’ve seen A Person on another forum claim that his Doctor said it was Okay, but on a lot of other Websites it does say not to cut the strips, because if you do, it may change/damage the strip from being extended release to immediate release.
That doesn’t make sense to me. I am on Belbuca and it generally dissolves into the cheek of your mouth in 30 minutes. If you cut it in half you are just dissolving half the medication into your cheek (soft tissue). As long as you don’t swallow it it won’t be released immediately. So DO NOT SWALLOW it. Good luck managing you chronic pain.

I am Belbuca 450mcg 3 years. My doc said the same thing about cutting them in half or cutting them at all. He said the film on the part that dissolves is the time release just like the "shell" on pills. The risk is it releases too soon and makes you a little sick. I used to cut mine and never had an issue. The only reason I cut mine in half it as a little too strong for me. Now not a problem I take two a day and they work like gold.