• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids being well out out of it for dental work

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
being well out of it for dental work

I normally take one 10\325 Percocet every 6 hrs.( I can still do grad school work under that). I have the dental procedure from Hell tomorrow ( taking a temp crown off putting permanate on).

Cerebral Palsy ( my disability) makes me more sensitive to any pain so when I have had this done before it caused 10\10 pain.

I have been on kratom only for 2 weeks saving pills for this. I now have 30 extra( I am not saying will take all 30 just I have that much wiggle room). I would like to be as out of it as safely possible. What is the best to proceed? How do I find the right amount to use?

This is a new dentist who doesn’t believe I will need to be numbed. I already told him. He is a jerk and I won’t go back after this but I have to let him finish the work he started.

I have a ride to the appointment and stuff to cwe pills.

Last edited:
Surely, he would at least use a local anaesthetic if it's that painful? Last time I went for dental work, I had taken some oxycodone and I think the dentist said that it can make the local anaesthetic less effective so I'm not sure if that it may be an issue if he does end up giving you a shot..

Probably not the best idea to show up wasted on oxy anyway. Maybe ask for a valium.

Surely, he would at least use a local anaesthetic if it's that painful? Last time I went for dental work, I had taken some oxycodone and I think the dentist said that it can make the local anaesthetic less effective so I'm not sure if that it may be an issue if he does end up giving you a shot..

Probably not the best idea to show up wasted on oxy anyway. Maybe ask for a valium.

he wasnt the one who did the last one and he insists it's not painful that I won't need anything. i know it's not the best idea... it's a survival situation there are no good ideas, just least bad ones... valuim does f-all for me! The last time i had this does done i was 14 and thus at a peds dentist