Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Being Unaware Of How High you are on Dissociatives

treezy z

Bluelighter
Anyone else get this?

There's times I've been high on dissociatives and feel like I can pull off a straight face, only to be told "what is wrong with you, you need help" etc.

Any dissociative in particular?

I had lunch with a relative whilst on 3-meo-pcp the other day, they didn't notice a thing. Surely it depends on the dose?

I wouldn't be able to look normal on a decent dose of Ketamine.

Agreed, 3meopcp is much easier to pull off.
Im really unsure what im like on low dose of diphenidine! 70mg can get me racing but also feeling like not much has changed.
This dissociative is the only one i have taken where the effect feels lightish, but also so friggin more!

Mxe, ketamine, i know where im at, 3meopcp, i know, diphenidine, nope!

I'm pretty good at appearing sober unless I take higher doses, on dissos or psychedelics. It depends a lot on the dose. Some dissos at high doses will obviously incapacitate you... for example, no one is going to appear normal, or feel normal, on a bunch of ketamine. But things like PCP and 3-MeO-PCP/PCE are quite stimulating, so at high doses you can still feel enabled, even powerful, but outwardly you will seem obviously intoxicated.

It also depends on how they make you behave... you've mentioned multiple times recently that dissociatives make you violent and aggressive. So chances are your behavior changes more than you realize on them, and people can easily tell that.

For me, 3-MeO-PCP is one that is extremely easy to pull off. I even feel pretty sober on it, just enhanced/altered.

Yeah, usually happens to me on 3-MeO-PCP. Sometimes I don't notice I'm even high, unless I start really paying attention to the way I'm behaving. I remember a particular time I was taking 3 mg bumps repeatedly for an evening and by the end of it I was like "Fuck, why is this not working? Tolerance, or is my compound degraded or what?!"

The next day I realized how manic I was acting and feeling, even though I didn't really felt "drugged" at all during the time.

Im fine on psychedelics I usually take 3-5 hits of L and go about the city I just moved to. I can handle all situations on L but dissociatives (ketamine) make it impossible for me to communicate or walk correctly. Often times i will try to go for a walk get uncomfortable once i get down the street and go back inside. Its not so bad if i am just doing K but if I smoke weed i get very self conscious about my walking and appearance. Psychedelics I appear normal, i spend a large amount of time making myself look good before dosing so I look very normal and my actions are as my normal day would be.

Ketamine makes me into a retard, i love being a retard it just makes it hard to appear normal lol

lol yep, walking on Ket is reminiscent of the ether scene in Fear and Loathing :D

Agreed, 3meopcp is much easier to pull off.
Im really unsure what im like on low dose of diphenidine! 70mg can get me racing but also feeling like not much has changed.
This dissociative is the only one i have taken where the effect feels lightish, but also so friggin more!

Mxe, ketamine, i know where im at, 3meopcp, i know, diphenidine, nope!

Surely its totally dose respondent. My Mrs came home early a few weeks a go, I had take about 18/20mg of 3-MEO-PCP and about 3 hours in she could very easily tell I was altered

Of course the dose matters as with anything :), but IMO it is about the balance between psychological dissociation (cognitive and memory distortion and impairment), anaesthesia and stimulation. 3-MeO-PCP isn't that anaesthetic and doesn't affect your motor skills at an early stage, although as with any dissociative it influences your proprioception / body image so some things can be a bit clumsy. However it is quite stimulating, which also helps with seeming functional.

Diphenidine doesn't seem that anaesthetic but also not stimulating. The mind wipe can really become an issue.
Ketamine is just so anaesthetic, which is synergistic since it is it's own sort of sensory deprivation in a way that is stronger than with various other dissociatives. As someone pointed out, apparently the 2'-oxo's are most anaesthetic.
Mostly the S-isomers though... R-ket is stimulating and not anaesthetic in my experience, it still has psychological dissociation but is less potent at it than the S-isomer... still, that can mess you up. Low-dose R-ket is relatively functional.

I find it harder to classify DXM which is not an arylcyclohexylamine and is differently balanced with other effects as well. Of course the robowalk can give you away...

DXM is the only one that makes my dick useless (limp) on any dose for some reason. Interesting it's in a different class.

A for effort, but maybe the effort is best spent on managing use of drugs like PCP or 3-MeO-PCP - it's playing with fire kind of, so you should suppress every urge to be a pyromaniac. Emphasis 'maniac'.

I have been fucked out of my head drooling on the floor making an ass of myself to someone visiting on things like MXE and R-ketamine, but I wouldn't dream of pushing it with 3-MeO-PCP. 3-MeO-PCE is already intense enough at normal dosage so I am not even tempted there. I get very uncomfortable re-entries with that though.

As my tolerance truly fucks me now, I got to say a 'waah whatever' to dissociatives these days.