• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Being sick on ecstasy

Rollinginclouds

Greenlighter
Ok so the other day I took my first pill it was great and I definetly want to do it again though around my peak I vomited a couple times for like 30 seconds it seemed to be just watery...I hadn't eat since 5+ hours before pill and I had only drank about 250ml after my pill before I was sick.

Does anybody know why I was sick and I would also really like to know how to avoid it next time

I have never used mdma but I know that for some mess u can get sick when taking it on an empty stomach u could try eating something smal and then taking the pill and see if that helps

Take a 5-HT 3 antagonist with it like zofran. The serotonergic activity is what made you sick. and the 5-HT 3 receptors aren't part of MDMAs effects so it will be fine to combine without affecting your high.

Last edited:
I agree with the zofran recommendation. Zofran doesn't change the nature of the experience at all. It just kills the nausea so you can enjoy yourself without feeling sick at the peak.

Is the serotonergic activity why tramadol makes you so nauseous at high doses? I have took rolls many times, but I only puked once off rolls. I don't even know if those were MDMA or just caffeinated meth bombs. Who knows.

Yes, that could be part of it. But tramadol is mu agonist. Mu opioid receptors cause histamine release. Histamine is responsible for your response to gravity, which is why antihistamines are used to counteract vertigo and motion sickness. Histamine causes nausea, as well as the serotonin.

It is fairly common to be sick on MDMA/Ecstasy - you say that you had 'one pill' there are a lot of very strong pills on the market these days and a full one could be too much.

Taking less is always the safest way to ensure your not going to be sick or take half wait until your coming up and then take the second half (doesn't hit you as hard).

When you take Ecstasy you flood your body with serotonin, the body can react by making you vomit (as mentioned above the 5HT3 receptor) - this is normally a reaction from your stomach (where the serotonin is) so having something to eat prior to dropping can really help. Something like toast or a sandwich/baked potato etc.

Another thing that I will say - if your feeling sick when your peaking, be sick don't try and hold it in or worry about being sick. You will feel so much better immediately and you will be able to relax and enjoy the roll.

Thanks everyone for trying to help and ecspically Bearlove I think I will just do that because if I'm not worried about being sick then hopefully I won't be sick and even if I am then ill make sure I don't try hold it in