• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

being confident sober from weed

jokell

Greenlighter
Recently I got high for the 1st time in four months. I am normally socially akward and unable to connect with others that way I see other people doing it. Ie. If its me and two other peopke having a convo, they will hardly look at me. So when I got high, I became a social monster. I didnt give a shittttt about what others thought about me, I was holding peoples attention in conversation, almost speaking another subliminal messege with them through my eyes. I had so mcuh emotion in what I was saying. Girls kept telling me I was so hot...never happens. WTF! How can I do this in real life? Has anyone cracked thw underlying code? Is it really just not caring what others think of you? Is that the secret? Or maybe it is exuding love for others and they can feel it. I mean I was really really listening to people when they talked. I almost felt inside their brain. So relatable. At one point in telling a story, I started to feel myself analyse my behavior and I started to be introverted for a splut secend and worry about what otgers thought. Then I snapped out of it and continued. It was awesome. So does anyone know the secret to really connecting with people In this way? It felt so good.

Sounds like you have Social Anxiety. Cannabis did help but the effect subsides over time, albeit a long period of time. I recently had to stop and I'm feeling it come back however I kind of feel the lesson has stayed with me over time and I don't feel AS bad.

i wish such were the case for me, i've been trying to figure out how to get my social life back and be able to connect with & engage with people more without quitting smoking. what you described happening when you smoked is what happens to me a week or two after i quit.

It was the opposite for me. I consider myself somewhat naturally confident, but years of smoking slowly took its toll and erased it all.

I still respect the drug, but absolutely cannot stand how awkward it makes me feel.

i'm just like him ^.. i'm just fine in social situations when i'm not baked, but when i am, good luck trying to enjoy a conversation with me hahaha..

for instance, i work as a sales person at the local apple store, and if you've ever been to one, the sales people there are pretty friendly and approachable, that is if they don't approach you first! haha which is what i do most of the time. But i could NEVER go to work stoned. i would be way too paranoid to do my job well. i know this because i tried it once: worst decision i ever made! haha

you're lucky. I would much rather be the opposite so i could get stoned for work, family dinners, etc.