View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Beginner

B

Bobrete

This is my first post. I've used Bluelight as a reference before but have only recently made an account(Please excuse me if this has already been adressed in a different thread). S.W.I.M. was wondering what a good starter dosage for someone who has little to no experience with psychedelics?

Well, beginner, you can start by not using SWIM, we don't use that here :)

You didn't mention a specific substance so it's hard to answer your question. Common beginner dosages would be 60-100µg of LSD (usually 1-2 tabs), 1.5-3g of magic mushrooms. But let us know which drug you are thinking about, and we can offer some guidance.

The dosage above for mushrooms is correct, as they can be powerful even at low doses.

With LSD take a lot more than 100ug, as 350ug is a great dose and you only get one first experience with acid so why waste it on a very low dose trip?

You can also have psychedelic experiences on cannabis or hash if it is a sativa or if you eat enough of it. Don't drive after doing this though.

Why don't you register, and write about which psychedelic drugs you are curious about?

With LSD take a lot more than 100ug, as 350ug is a great dose and you only get one first experience with acid so why waste it on a very low dose trip?
This is terrible advice. 100 micrograms is a perfectly good dose for a first-time LSD trip, and it can't really be described as a "very low dose" at all. Suggesting that someone take 350 for their first trip is completely irresponsible and a good way to get someone hurt.

You only have one first experience with LSD, so why risk wasting it on a trip to the ER?

This is terrible advice. 100 micrograms is a perfectly good dose for a first-time LSD trip, and it can't really be described as a "very low dose" at all. Suggesting that someone take 350 for their first trip is completely irresponsible and a good way to get someone hurt.

You only have one first experience with LSD, so why risk wasting it on a trip to the ER?
Your "advice" sounds like propaganda with the whole "Don't take over 100ug! You'll wind up in the ER!!1".

Myself and others took 350ug or more, our first times and nobody got hurt, wound up in the hospital, or a mental ward. 100ug is a low dose and lower doses are mainly only interesting after you've experienced a high or very high dose.

^I agree with Clocktower. It's not that 350mcg will definitely be too much and land you in the ER, but when you compare the worst case scenarios of taking either too much or too little, I would prefer having taken too little every time. I mean sure, taking too little (i.e. not getting to the level you wanted to) the first time might feel like a waste of time and material at that moment. But on the other hand you have gained some experience and will be more confident in choosing the right dose for your next trip. Most people I know that take psychedelics only ever did rather low doses and they enjoyed them plenty.

From what I read from the times when it was legal and therefore reliably dosed, 100mcg would absolutely be enough for a full trip maybe not a strong one but it wouldn't likely leave any firsttimer underwhelmed. Of course street tabs advertised as 100mcg are a different story.

Bobrete, you see people disagree about this, but IMO regardless of substance it's always wise to start low and slowly work your way up from there.

Anyway you won't know how many micrograms were in the acid tab. If someone tells you they know, don't believe it (unless the source is pretty close to where the acid was manufactured - unlikely)

See erowid for thresold, common ans strong dosage of all the classic psychedelics and most of the 'new' research chemicals. Just google, for example, 2c-b + dosage + erowid

I'll add my 2cents that 350ug of LSD is not a safe recommendation for a first timer. Many people can handle that, but many people can not, and there's no way of knowing before you've dipped your toes in the water.

There's no reason a first time experience needs to be heavy.

Also, as others have noted, its very hard to know how much lsd is actually on a tab.

Stick to a tab or two for your first time. You can always take more next time.

Please don't advice people to take 350 ug for their first trip, that's terrible advice. Just because you were alright doesn't mean someone else will. 100 actual ug is a nice dose for a first time, but as mentioned it is nearly impossible to know how much your tabs contain. It's always better to build up gradually than risk taking more than you can handle. There are huge differences between what doses people can handle. Don't underestumate it. Find your personal prefered dose by gradually working your way up.

Please don't advice people to take 350 ug for their first trip, that's terrible advice. Just because you were alright doesn't mean someone else will. 100 actual ug is a nice dose for a first time, but as mentioned it is nearly impossible to know how much your tabs contain. It's always better to build up gradually than risk taking more than you can handle. There are huge differences between what doses people can handle. Don't underestumate it. Find your personal prefered dose by gradually working your way up.

This is EXACTLY correct!

Actually 105.34629999mcg. is the perfect dose and don't let anyone tell you otherwise...;)

I took about 120 mcg my first time but just recently my buddies first trip, he ate 2 gummies that is confirmed to be 200 mcg dose ( we get it from a very reliable source) I've only taken shrooms three times since I don't enjoy them as much as lsd so I'm not the best source for a decent shroom dose. Although I would say for lsd I recommend anywhere from 100-200 mcg for your first dose. Although remember that the rule of thumb is that the dose is always lower than advertised so if the person you get it from says it's a 150 tab it's more like 70-150 and if you buy from someone who knows your new to the lsd scene they will trick you by saying it's stronger than it actually is and end up charging you more unless it's a very trustworthy source.

Also the jump from let's say 100 mcg to 200 mcg is more than just twice the effects because the feeling is not linear and it's actually exponential and tolearance builds quickly and goes away fast so to experience the same effect on Monday as you did on Sunday then you will need to take over twice the dose but after two weeks (for the average person) the tolerance is almost completely gone. I don't recommend that you take acid without waiting a minimum of 1 week but the best break would be to wait a month or so between trips.

And please remember to test your lsd or else you can't know for sure it's real acid as it could just be some random research chemical like n-bome's or something that gives a similar high.

And since it can last anywhere between 8 to 12 hours, you should never take lsd around authority figures, teachers, parents, cops, etc.

Golden rule as almost everyone knows is "set and setting" be in a good mood and in a good environment. Lsd is mood enhancer so taking it while happy can give the best feeling in the world but taking it while sad or uncomfortable can amplify your sadness or uncomfortablenes and send you into a "bad trip".

Sorry for writing so much but I love lsd and I want everyone to love it as much as me instead of being afraid of it, like some people I know.

HAPPY TRIPPING