• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Been searching the forum all night for more information

ryax

Bluelighter
Tonight i tried mixing Suboxone with water, for the first time.

Lately, my mouth doesnt seem to absorb Suboxone properly lately, and after trying the Intranasal route, the effects just seem much cleaner for some reason

I dont feel as grogged down, and feel like i can use a much lower doseage

I take less than 2mg daily
Usually 1mg , and at times as low as 0.5mg

Ive been looking all night long on how to properly create a nasal spray out of water, and get an accurate dosage.
Would simply mixing the pill and snorting it with a TINY amount of water work like i did tonight? I dissolved 0.5mg into water (i tried to use as least water as possible) and the effects were instantaneous and awesome. So i wish to improve on this method .

Ive been taking Suboxone for 12 years.

I just have an epic stash, my father is diagnosed with a tumor & im not ready to quit quite yet

I just have been feeling lately like the Sublingual route has just sucked .,maybe because i am vaping

I am going to try the alcohol solution under the tongue trick soon , but the effects of intranasal are quite amazing and rapid .

I feel like i could go to an even lower doseage using this method.

Thank You!

My only advice would be to use clean water. Not sure if you can use saline solution that's meant for contacts, but I've used it to help make a snorted dose of h go farther.

I don't have the time ATM to post a whole work up but I made threads years ago on different accounts on how to do this with Hydromorphone &/or Oxymorphone. Try the search engine. There should be multiple threads on making nasal sprays.

I'll try & give you a quick & dirty simple run down real quick before I log off. If you still have further questions I'll try & check back on this next time I'm on. :)

For starters take a nasal spray bottle & determine the amount per spray. One method to do so is to take the amount of fluid contained in the spray & divide it by the number of sprays needed to empty the spray. IIRC the ones I used to get were .1ML per spray.

I'll use .1ML per spray as an example for this exercise. Now take your Suboxone (I'll use an 8mg tablet as an example as they're common) 8mg tablet & dissolve it in 4ML sterile water or saline solution depending on the time frame you plan on storing it.

If you put 8mg into 4ML that would give you 2mg/ML. Take the solution & filter. I've found that the following process works well. Start by pre-wetting a cotton then put it into an oral syringe. Squeeze out most of the liquid from the cotton untill it's only mildly damp. Then back load the solution to be filtered (in this case Suboxone) & filter the solution. I've found this to be quite an effective method. After filtering the solution put the solution into the nasal spray bottle & re-attach the nozzle.

If the pump you're using dispenses .1ML per spray at 2mg/ML you would get 200mcg (.2mg) per spray. Store the resulting solution in the fridge to lengthen shelf life. As stated depending on duration of storage you can change the medium of the solution being used from water to saline, etc. as needed.
Hopefully this helps give you a basic idea. 🤞As I stated I'll try to take a look at this in the next few days & give you a more detailed response or link to a post with a more detailed response. In the meantime best of luck in your efforts. :)

My only advice would be to use clean water.

I second this. There are amoebas that live in water that if introduced to your nasal passages, they will make their way to your brain and eat it. They have been found in hot water heaters. Boiled or distilled if you don't have saline.

I always snort my Subs. Just a better outcome I’ve found and more effective.

Not sure if a nasal spray would work because the sub may resettle in the bottle, it’s a pretty thick mixture with the films at least not sure about the pills

I don't have the time ATM to post a whole work up but I made threads years ago on different accounts on how to do this with Hydromorphone &/or Oxymorphone. Try the search engine. There should be multiple threads on making nasal sprays.

I'll try & give you a quick & dirty simple run down real quick before I log off. If you still have further questions I'll try & check back on this next time I'm on. :)

For starters take a nasal spray bottle & determine the amount per spray. One method to do so is to take the amount of fluid contained in the spray & divide it by the number of sprays needed to empty the spray. IIRC the ones I used to get were .1ML per spray.

I'll use .1ML per spray as an example for this exercise. Now take your Suboxone (I'll use an 8mg tablet as an example as they're common) 8mg tablet & dissolve it in 4ML sterile water or saline solution depending on the time frame you plan on storing it.

If you put 8mg into 4ML that would give you 2mg/ML. Take the solution & filter. I've found that the following process works well. Start by pre-wetting a cotton then put it into an oral syringe. Squeeze out most of the liquid from the cotton untill it's only mildly damp. Then back load the solution to be filtered (in this case Suboxone) & filter the solution. I've found this to be quite an effective method. After filtering the solution put the solution into the nasal spray bottle & re-attach the nozzle.

If the pump you're using dispenses .1ML per spray at 2mg/ML you would get 200mcg (.2mg) per spray. Store the resulting solution in the fridge to lengthen shelf life. As stated depending on duration of storage you can change the medium of the solution being used from water to saline, etc. as needed.
Hopefully this helps give you a basic idea. 🤞As I stated I'll try to take a look at this in the next few days & give you a more detailed response or link to a post with a more detailed response. In the meantime best of luck in your efforts. :)

Ive really looked and i cannot find the threads, i looked for a few hours tbh.
even typed in other keywords .
Tonight i dissolved 16mg in 15ml inside the bottle .

But it seemed very very harsh as opposed to sniffing off of a spoon with a bit of water. however it did work very well, just very harsh as opposed to a small amount of liquid in a spoon. so maybe i should thin it with a bit more water or not shoot it into the back of my nose (the spray bottle nozzle seems powerful)?

Thank you for the advice, if you have anymore for me it would be very appreciated! I love this new method. I have very bad teeth, jaw, and gums, and combined with vaping it doesn't make it easy for me to dissolve these things in my mouth and my doseages seem to be all over the place . one day i am taking .5mg sublingual the next day i am taking 2mg just because its not absorbing properly. i will try the everclear method in the future .
---

sublingual worked really well for a long time, but there was a year or two a while back , where i had to up my doseage just due to it not absorbing properly.

I also noticed this happened with cigarrettes as well and other nicotine products like lozenges .

Last edited:
for my nasal spray:
each metered spray delivers a 0.137 mL mean volume containing 205.5 mcg of azelastine hydrochloride (equivalent to 187.6 mcg of azelastine base). The 30-mL (net weight 30 gm of solution) bottle provides 200 metered sprays.

Ive really looked and i cannot find the threads, i looked for a few hours tbh.
even typed in other keywords .
Tonight i dissolved 16mg in 15ml inside the bottle .

But it seemed very very harsh as opposed to sniffing off of a spoon with a bit of water. however it did work very well, just very harsh as opposed to a small amount of liquid in a spoon. so maybe i should thin it with a bit more water or not shoot it into the back of my nose (the spray bottle nozzle seems powerful)?

Thank you for the advice, if you have anymore for me it would be very appreciated! I love this new method. I have very bad teeth, jaw, and gums, and combined with vaping it doesn't make it easy for me to dissolve these things in my mouth and my doseages seem to be all over the place . one day i am taking .5mg sublingual the next day i am taking 2mg just because its not absorbing properly. i will try the everclear method in the future .
---

sublingual worked really well for a long time, but there was a year or two a while back , where i had to up my doseage just due to it not absorbing properly.

I also noticed this happened with cigarrettes as well and other nicotine products like lozenges .

No worries on finding the posts. I'll just redo it. I'm considering re-posting a thread with nasal spray techniques again at some point. The new search engine seems to actually be more difficult to use than I recall it being. It's also possible the posts where not archived. It's been quite a long time could be a decade. 😆
Actually on double checking it's not just you. I'm having issues with TFSE as they say. I couldn't even find the Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ using the search engine. 8( So it's not just you! :?

I totally understand the mouth thing! I currently use Suboxone sublingual myself for chronic pain control. Not an ideal situation but circumstances being what they are it's certainly better than nothing. I also have major dental issues. I've had one half extracted & the other half also have to go. They might have been done by now but with the current CV situation & my health that's not happening anytime soon. I digress though; my apologies. I just wanted to give you reference as I understand the whole mouth having issues thing. :\

It's very possible for conditions in the mouth ranging from PH to vaping / smoking, etc. to impact the B/A of buprenorphine. It could be quite variable administered by the sublingual or buccal route. I don't know if you've tried buccal? (cheek) Some people say that method is more consistent. I can't do buccal at all. It won't stick / dissolve right in my case. Alcohol does increase the sublingual B/A but based on what you mention regarding dental issues if you're like me that's not ideal.

for my nasal spray:
each metered spray delivers a 0.137 mL mean volume containing 205.5 mcg of azelastine hydrochloride (equivalent to 187.6 mcg of azelastine base). The 30-mL (net weight 30 gm of solution) bottle provides 200 metered sprays.

First question you didn't dissolve the sub in the existing spray right? The nasal spray alone could cause burning from my own personal experience using nasal sprays with similar active ingredients for there intended uses.
I'm guessing your just posting the information so I know what numbers we're working with but figured I better ask just in case. =D

I'll try to do my best to lay out a method for you. I've got to run & pickup my groceries in a time slot shortly but I'll try & be as thorough as I can within the time allotted to me. ;)

Using the information you provided I'll go ahead & explain the process from start to finish as best I can. You say you have the tablets which simplifies things a bit for me as I'm familiar with how they dissolve. I'm not positive how well the strips dissolve though I could just dissolve one. :unsure:

I'll start the actual method here. I'll try to format it as readable as possible. Keep in mind I've never done this with Suboxone. I've done it with hydromorphone & oxymorphone though I see no reason why the technique wouldn't be applicable. I have no idea what concentration you're looking to achieve? If you still have questions as to an exact amount please post the concentration you are looking to achieve. Basically how many mg/ML if you still have questions. To keep this as simple as possible I'll go with 1mg/ML for this example scenario.

1. Empty the nasal spray bottle & clean it. Get all needed supplies together. (Suboxone tablet, Oral syringe / syringe, cotton, spoon, etc.)

2. Dissolve the 8mg tablet in 8ML sterile water or saline solution. In this If you plan on using the spray immediately sterile water is fine. If you plan on storing the spray for an extended period of time use a solution. I saw in your example you used a spoon. That works. (y)

3. Filter the resulting solution into the empty nasal spray bottle. Depending on what you have available that process could vary. I'm not sure if you have syringes or oral syringes available? If you have an oral syringe the method below is what I prefer to use. If you don't; filtering the solution using cotton in a spoon with a syringe works fine. If you have neither please let me know & we might be able to come up with something. I find filtering to be an important part of the process. It helps reduce burn, does less damage to the sinuses & is overall more healthy. :)

As I stated above; I've found that the following process works best though. So I'll use that process for this example. Start by pre-wetting a cotton then put it into an oral syringe. Squeeze out most of the liquid from the cotton until the cotton is only mildly damp. Then back load the solution to be filtered (in this case Suboxone) & filter the solution. If you're using a spoon like you mentioned previously; you can just pour the solution in the back of the oral syringe (back load) & push through the cotton directly into the nasal spray bottle.

I've found this to be quite an effective method of filtration with minimal loss. I find this method reduces the amount of particulates to the greatest degree with the least degree of loss of product. Normally I would use a micron filter when I'm filtering but this is not for IV usage.

4. PROFIT! =D
At this point if you've followed the steps outlined you will now have a nasal spray bottle containing 8mL of a solution that is 1mg/mL. At the concentration of 1mg/mL a spray would contain .137mg. Depending on how much you're looking to take total that may be a larger number of sprays than you wish to administer. Using the knowledge that there is 137mcg (.137mg) per spray you can calculate the total number of sprays you need for a given dose. For example with this solution 7.3 sprays are needed for 1mg. If this seems a bit excessive you can alter the concentration to where the number of sprays needed for a total dosage equates to the amount you're looking to do. :)

Hopefully this post helps to better answer your question in a more thorough manner! 🤞 If you still have any questions feel free to ask & I'll do my best to elucidate further & answer said questions. I might actually consider seeing how the strips dissolve after thinking over this post. I'm curious as to if it might be of any potential benefit to myself to have such a solution available. Considering that regardless of administration route buprenorphine takes a decent period of time to "kick in" a spray still wouldn't work for more on demand pain relief but might still have some other benefits. I'd have to think on it. :unsure:

Either way I think I was relatively thorough considering the time & what not. As I stated if you still have further questions please just ask & I'll reply next time I visit Bluelight. Have a nice week & best of luck with this method. I hope it works well for you. :)

Just a thought, but why not just take your subs sublingually as they were designed? Buprenorphine is supposed to help you get over your opiate addiction. Searching for ever increasing ways to get a hit from them is missing the fuckin point...

Just a thought, but why not just take your subs sublingually as they were designed? Buprenorphine is supposed to help you get over your opiate addiction. Searching for ever increasing ways to get a hit from them is missing the fuckin point...
i have pain and have problems dissolving them correctly . i do NOT want to go back to a suboxone doctor....ever really. my doctor got fired, and the person who replaced him quit. ||it seems easy, but for some people and their chemistry its not. even if i brush my teeth, it still doesnt work. for some reason it doesnt work until a few hours after ive woken up. i dont like wasting my suboxone, and since intranasal is actually stronger and seems to effect me at doseages as low at .1mg insufflation , or atleast trying it, was worth it.

lastl y, i still do use sublingual, but using a spray when i wakeup for immediate relief vs attempting to dissolve a pill id use 2 or 3x as much

I second this. There are amoebas that live in water that if introduced to your nasal passages, they will make their way to your brain and eat it. They have been found in hot water heaters. Boiled or distilled if you don't have saline.
Pharmacies sells here a water, that's used for situations like this one... Sterilized water on little FUCKING expensive things.... And people have had... Hmmmm.... 🤔What's the word...
Pharmacies sell here water that is supposed to use on a situation like that, for example.... They are anti-bacterial little bottles... But they are TOTALLY TOO FUCKING expensive... And a reason why I don't use that, is not money 💵, but people have had more "agues" from that, if the right word is that... Allways in general, use cold water when it comes to opioids

Your absolutely right friend 👌just if you want to use buprenorphine because you want your head in mess, then it is obviously better to take your bupre with that naloxone shit, in different ROA... intranasaly for example... Because it makes you nodd more than under the tongue because it is about 30-40% that is going to be in your system, and intranasaly it is about 70% if I'm not absolutely wrong

I always snort my Subs. Just a better outcome I’ve found and more effective.

Not sure if a nasal spray would work because the sub may resettle in the bottle, it’s a pretty thick mixture with the films at least not sure about the pills
I was doing some time and the guys would put a strip in a eye drop Bottle and would add say 50-100 drops of water to a strip depending on the strength cause they snort 5 drops to feel effects

You are wrong actually. If some one wants to 'get rid of their opiate addiction', they should have just tapered and stopped the opiate they were using before if they wanted to 'get off opiates'. Maintenance meds like buprenorphine and methadone are not for 'getting off opiates'. They're OPIOIDS THEMSELVES and very long lasting potent ones at that. They exist to give a person stability & to take them out of the drug/crime world and give them a legal source of an opioid and help with cravings. People stay on these medicines for years and years, some for life. I plan to stay on them for life. How is that "getting off opiates". I did not go into the clinic and get on bupe to 'get off opiates', I'M ON an opiate daily!

A medicine is not going to help with cravings if you cannot feel it and I think there is nothing wrong with wanting to get a little more out of a medicine that is already poorly absorbed where it's directed to be taken at. I wish people would stop trying to virtue signal at people who are on bupe and methadone and stop trying to paint these OPIOIDS as for STRICTLY "getting off opiates". It's contradictory and honestly a little condescending.

Bupe's recreational properties are pretty limited regardless of which route you take it anyway. It does have prominent anti-depressant and mood stabilizing properties even after you've built a tolerance to it's weak partial opioid properties. I don't see anything wrong with OP finding a way to make their dose more effective for them. Not absorbing the right dose can make the difference between having the motivation and energy to get up and go to work that day and not. Some people rely on bupe's antidepressant-like qualities.

This narrative and way of scolding people like OP is hap hazardous. I have seen people say "you might as well go back to using heroin if you're gonna fuck around with your subs!". which is the OPPOSITE of harm reduction. Considering bupes limited recreational properties, limited respiratory depression, ceiling effect and pretty much the fact that you would have to make a lot of effort to overdose on it.. I'd say a person has a higher chance of living longer if they fuck around trying to get a better effect out of their bupe than they would buying street dope cut with only god knows what.

As for OP. Get one of those "nasal saline solution" bottles at a dollar tree. Squirt some on a plastic spoon and drop a piece of sub in there to dissolve. Then use a straw to snort it up. I did this for years. You do not need to make a nasal spray. Just prepare it whenever you need to dose. There's no need to get all technical about how much of the solution to use and all that stuff. Buprenorphine is very water soluble. A drop or two of the saline solution should be enough. You really do get a better bio availability this way. The naloxone also I believe is active this route (as I have nasal narcan sprays). But it doesn't really cause anything of concern. I notice a little bit of a hot flash before the bupe comes on, but it comes on much quicker with the intranasal route. I believe the sublingual studies are slightly flawed and that even just having a weird temp or environment in your mouth can hinder how much you absorb. Keep in mind that you may have discovered now that intranasal will give you a little bit of a rush and a feelingf reminiscent of what full agonists use to feel like, but as a person who's been on bupe for 5 years now, I can tell you that the magic will disappear rather quickly if you continuously use this method. :\ I just remembered you said you've been on subs for 12 years, so, that's much longer than me. But my point was is that eventually the intranasal route becomes as boring as the sublingual once bupe reaches it's ceiling effect anyway.

Last edited:
Your absolutely right friend 👌just if you want to use buprenorphine because you want your head in mess, then it is obviously better to take your bupre with that naloxone shit, in different ROA... intranasaly for example... Because it makes you nodd more than under the tongue because it is about 30-40% that is going to be in your system, and intranasaly it is about 70% if I'm not absolutely wrong

No, he's actually very wrong. Maintenance meds like buprenorphine and methadone were created to give people a safe, clean & legal source of an opioid. That is why it is called "maintenace"... and many people stay on these drugs for years, even life. Which is the exact opposite of "getting off of opiates". If some one wants to get off opiates, they should taper down from the opiate they're using and then deal with it or use these drugs for a very quick taper. These meds are called MAINTENANCE because they are for people who have accepted that they are probably going to need opioids for the rest of their life to function and are not ready to quit. What that user said is a contradiction and was kind of rude to OP. Maybe it's better that OP wants his medicine to work a little better rather than grabbing a bag of fent dope on the street. Buprenorphine is a semi-synthetic opiate. A partial agonist but still an opiate dependency nonetheless. So clearly anyone who is using it is not "getting off opiates".

People really need to stop with this "bupe & methadone are for getting off opiates!" narrative, because it is simply not true and there are people like me who have no plans on getting off opiates period and that is why I got on these drugs! Sadly we do not have the diacetylmorphine maintenance option like Switzerland has, here in America or I'd probably take that instead.

Last edited:
i have pain and have problems dissolving them correctly . i do NOT want to go back to a suboxone doctor....ever really. my doctor got fired, and the person who replaced him quit. ||it seems easy, but for some people and their chemistry its not. even if i brush my teeth, it still doesnt work. for some reason it doesnt work until a few hours after ive woken up. i dont like wasting my suboxone, and since intranasal is actually stronger and seems to effect me at doseages as low at .1mg insufflation , or atleast trying it, was worth it.

lastl y, i still do use sublingual, but using a spray when i wakeup for immediate relief vs attempting to dissolve a pill id use 2 or 3x as much

Don't even listen to that guy. He has no idea what he's talking about. Maintenance meds were NOT designed to get people OFF opiates. They were designed for ADDICTS who do not or cannot quit or want to get out of the ups & downs of withdrawals and need a safe, legal source for an opioid. What that guy said is a contradiction and was very condescending and not rooted in facts or reality. These drugs can be used as quick tapers for other opiate addictions but that is not all they're good for. You won't "get over an opiate addiction" by taking a semi-synthetic opiate that is 40x more potent than morphine every single day. Not to mention with a half life probably 3x that of morphine. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting your medicine to work in a more effective way. Sublingual bupe is honestly not very great. I believe the studies were flawed too and that the 30% is actually with an alcoholic solution. So it could be even less than that when taken normally. It is important to feel your medicine if you want effective craving control in my opinion. Constantly feeling nothing is a quick way to getting into the "i need to get high" headspace. Those who are truly done with opiates may enjoy 'feeling nothing' every day, but then they might as well have not got on bupe in the first place then because they're still dependent on an opiate with an incredibly long half life.

Last edited:
i was able to decrease my doseage to lower than .135mg and it feels greater. i was able to quit using this method. this method also works extremely well as a mouth-spray, however it might be even more effective to double the water. when i spray into the mouth it has almost the same feeling as nasal

Ive not taken any Sub this entire time since i made that bottle. I used a bit of th ebottle and i quit lol.

I have to begin taking it again though , because i am incurring major dental work and jaw problems again .
and no.. im not abusing my meds.. im literally making them last longer
im not worried about starting or stopping buprenorphine, because ill probably be taking some type of opiate, forever. Bupe is one that usually does work., but also sometimes doesnt kill the pain all the way.

ps; not everyone takes buprenorphien for addiction . and suboxone and other medicines can also be prescribed for other reasons. tbh, it doesnt matter what the reasoning is i am for taking it

I plan to try the alcohol and cotton swab method next if someone can give me a link to it . (im going to try to find it right now but i do not know if i have the time)

The reason snorted subs "work better" is because the bioavailability is higher, meaning you get a bigger dosage. This wreaks havoc for someone on maintenance program, because we depend on a steady dosage every day. For me, and changes made to my dosage don't really produce good effects until the third day. Like I'm on 6mg, I could take 2mg for two days until I felt the kick in the gut.

For anyone looking for steady effects and a leveled out dosage, I recommend sticking with one ROA and sticking with it.

you can use less and have more if you run out or save money at the pharmacy. but i get ur point about getting more high