• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction be careful with anything that has a "come up"

kushblowin

Bluelighter
in all my years of doing drugs that is probably the most unsafe shit ive ever done. if you're not smoking or snorting something and you need to wait at least half an hour for something to hit you be really careful take like the smallest doses possible to get high before you do anything with it and wait a long time for it to kick in. if you get an edible just take one tiny bite, if you get xanax just try a quarter bar, if you acid just try half a tab, if you get shrooms just try 1-1.5g. if people say to wait to 60-90 minutes for something to kick in i'd wait like 2 hours to really see if you want to take more if you get a shitty buzz it sucks but being bored for an hour is way better than tripping and freaking the fuck out for 4-8 hours or doing stupid shit blacked out.

ive blacked out before on accident and went on scary buzzes and ive learned all my lessons even after doing a drug for years i still like to take small amounts first and test the waters and i dont really go for super hard fucked up buzzes. you can take a booster dose later and know what youre dealing with and how much will affect you but if you just get floored with that shit it fucking sucks. theres been times i went to smoke an rc and didnt know what the fuck i was doing and was about to rail it and probably would have almost died but i just tried the tiniest amount and got fucked up.

even taking xanax now i can take a quarter or half and just make sure to wait a really long time and if i feel sober i can just stop and tell myself its xanax and im probably not sober and to chill the fuck out and ive been able to take benzos now without blacking out or doing stupid shit finally. its way better to learn on lower doses and anything can be in that shit without getting a full on lab test you never know.

I think what your saying has some merits. I would just simply try to preach basic harm reduction for any drug your going to consume.

1) Test your drugs (if you can send to a free drug testing place then do so before you try)

2) Get some scales

3) Always start low. You can add but you can never take away.

4) Always do a small sample test checking for any allergies or reactions.

5) Always leave it a bit longer than what your advised when deciding to dose again.

6) Moderation is key.

7) Have fun

Stay safe <3

Xanax for me is the drug I should never take lol! My parents have a history of addiction with stimulants/opies but I noticed right away that benzos were a hard counter for me and them. I'm just so susceptible to the tiniest amounts of benzos, and even 2 milligrams of xanax would cause me to black out (while being unaware and awake) and do insanely dumb things that I have no recollection of. Always waking up to angry texts like, "why did you make fried jello cheerios and leave jelly all over the kitchen? Or "you said really horrible things yesterday what was that about?" Lol.

It's just important to know what drugs are your kryptonite so you don't overdo that stuff. Morphine though... you don't want to take too much too soon because you "don't feel anything yet." That's a biggy... oramorph and morphine tablets causing people to OD due to the "come up" being so delayed. The closest I was to an opioid overdose was morphine tablets. All the sudden they hit me and I could not think or breathe well and was having panic attacks. That's never happened to me from anything else.

I totally agree with this advice but I also find it a bit practically problematic with acid which typically has a 60-90 minute come up or longer. If you only take half a dose and wait 90 minutes to see how you are, taking the second half at that point will add next to nothing to intensity or duration of your trip thanks to the strange way tolerance on LSD works. You might get a little bump in intensity or duration but it’s not a matter of add the half and double your experience at that point in time.

Then you really need to wait a minimum of 4 days before taking the other half or any more to have any chance of having a similar level experience. More like 7 days.

So it’s like every time you get a new batch of acid you need to have one very likely dud underwhelming trip to test the strength of the batch before waiting a week to take what you then estimate is your ideal dose. While this might be the right strategy for a first timer or person who is still unsure about acid. For someone with experience who usually trips on more than 1 tab, I think sacrificing that first half tab to a reagent test and then presuming each tab is about 100 ug is a safe enough strategy. It is pretty uncommon to come across a tab dosed with say 300 ug despite how they are marketed. Plus people used to taking multiple tabs can usually handle things turning out stronger than expected. Though not always….

I've been doing opioids for 5 years ( mostly suboxone these days so its under control) but anyway I've smoked pure fentanyl many times and been fine. I did OD twice and both times was from snorting. Almost died, both times, one time didn't wake up for 10 days. Its that delayed action that really fucks you over. smoking is often seen as a step up from snorting but really it is safer.

I adopted this after learning about pm(m)a taking a couple hours to take hold.
Even with smoking a bong, i remind myself to wait a bit instead of hit another as i don't feel that high.
Definitely a good idea to practice patience when consuming substances, particularly if you haven't tested them first.