• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Battlefield 3: Creating a clan (Xbox 360)

Intrinsic man

Bluelighter
With the advent of the player owned servers, and the "match" function, creating and utilizing a clan has become more desirable and practical. For months this has been my primary multiplayer game and I believe I have honed my skills enough to put them to the test. I am looking for other skillful players who would be willing to collaborate in the creation of a competitive clan. This does not necessarily mean buying a server, however I am not ruling that option out. For now what I want to focus on is the finding of adequate players. This is my first effort, so far I am working on this project solo.

My username is "iNsiDE tHe FyRe". I have a strong (steadily climbing) KDR of 1.45 and am looking for players with a similar, or greater KDR. My most functional and preferred class is Medic, but I am also quite good with the Recon class.

This is really a stab in the dark, and I have a feeling i'm wasting my time with this, but PM me or message me on Xbox Live if you're interested!

I have it on Ps3 ;) and can say being in a clan isnt that great, I use to be for awhile but since then ive grown up and gotten over geebens who power trip.

Why can't people just play the game for fun with out all the bullshit rules that are in a clan .. everyone who has a clan becomes a power tripper .. !!

^^^^ not always, clans can just be a group of people that like playing with each other. its not all tournaments and 24/7 playing that game. I used to be in clans when I gamed a lot and it mostly came out of the same people would play on the same servers all the time so you got to know whos good.

sorry ^^ not saying you are going to do that ..

but a lot of the ones I have head or seen have been power hungry people who spend maybe a little to much time in the world of games then real life ..

But not saying that's you :) good luck to making your clan

My experience with clans has almost always been positive. Maybe it's because I enjoy the competition, but I feel as though it makes the multi-player experience so much better.

I dont game enough to be in a clan these days this was when I was like 12-16 yrs old. CS Source, CoD classic, BF2, Unreal Tourny 2k4. Those were my mainstays and I was in clans for all of em

How could KD ratio not equal success? Every game mode has something to do with how many people you kill as well as how many people on your team die. For instance, in conquest (which is IMO the best game type), you're team will be drained credits for every man that respawns (meaning they are killed). Your team will also be drained credits if the opposing team possesses more than half of the objectives. If I am killing more players than I am dying, especially if it is a significant difference, then I am helping my team. Not only will I be helping my team on the scoreboard, the enemy will not have enough players (since they will be waiting to respwan) to adequately assault the objective.

There is only one game mode where a positive KDR is not of primary importance; Rush. Even in this game type KDR is of great importance, however there are other skill sets that are perhaps more important.

I realize that every player in bf3 has a purpose/job and the game is not entirely centered around killing as many people as possible but that does not discredit the importance of an exceptional KDR.

Regardless, my points per minute are, just like my KDR, substantial as well as my revives.

A skillful player will have a positive KDR, period.

Last edited:
K/D ratio does not equal success in bf3.

I have to agree with this sorry IM. I see what you're saying and yes KD is important but I know personally I get the most kills (and sometimes top the servers) if I play Assault, however I much rather play as an Engineer or Sniper despite the hit to my KD ratio. Also like many people I don't KD whore and love to muck around with new weapons, flying jets and sometimes just doing random stupid shit like kamakazi runs. None of this is good for my KD ratio but I tell you if there is no one flying jets on your team watch out! Usually in a jet I'll get a maximum of a couple of kills, once when I had the air to myself I got 10.

However KD is important as you mention, but this is KD in a game... Not KD in a persons stats. (also, especially on console, there may be more than one person using one account, ie controller passing).

I have to agree with this sorry IM. I see what you're saying and yes KD is important but I know personally I get the most kills (and sometimes top the servers) if I play Assault, however I much rather play as an Engineer or Sniper despite the hit to my KD ratio. Also like many people I don't KD whore and love to muck around with new weapons, flying jets and sometimes just doing random stupid shit like kamakazi runs. None of this is good for my KD ratio but I tell you if there is no one flying jets on your team watch out! Usually in a jet I'll get a maximum of a couple of kills, once when I had the air to myself I got 10.

However KD is important as you mention, but this is KD in a game... Not KD in a persons stats. (also, especially on console, there may be more than one person using one account, ie controller passing).

Don't get me wrong, I agree that Battlefield 3 has a variety of skill sets, all of which are valuable to the team, that do not have anything to do with a positive KDR. However, in the recruitment for a clan, KDR is of primary importance. It is the best way for me to determine who is qualified and who is not.

K/D is important, but it shouldnt be like a cutoff number when looking at someone. In BF2 you could go a whole match without getting a kill but still be valuable (seems like nobody knew how to fly a damn chopper).

But for games like CS and CoD, yeah K/D is real important.

Since all bf3 game types deal with tickets that are drained with every death, the primary skill set I am looking for in other players is their ability to kill the enemy while at the same time limiting the amount of times they die. If I have a team of players who are all at a KDR of 2.0, my squad will win the game. If we are sufficiently killing the enemy, the capturing of objectives will come secondary to that. Therefor, we will be draining their tickets by killing them twice as much as they are killing us, as well as draining their tickets by holding the objective.

If the players are truly that good at flying jets, helicopters or destroying enemy vehicles, they will have a positive KDR. It is truly the tell tale sign of a good player, I do not see any other way around this point.

This is not to say that players with a weak KDR are a deficit to their team. They are simply just not doing what I would like a group of players, particularly in a competitive clan, to be doing.

Perhaps they are helping their team by capturing the objective; that is their job. However, I would much rather have the player who can capture the objective whilst maintaining a positive KDR.

Perhaps they are helping their team by destroying enemy tanks with a jet. I would much rather have the player who can destroy enemy tanks with a jet whilst maintaining a positive KDR. Furthermore, the skillful flying of a jet is not of primary importance in winning a game. They can not capture objectives, nor can they adequately kill the enemy. If you recall, the game is based upon tickets. Tickets are drained by the holding of objectives as well as the killing of enemy players. Since they can only do one of these in a mediocre fashion, and the other not at all, they are not of primary importance in obtaining a victory. They are like the kicker on a football team; they come in handy, but they do not often win the game for their team. I would say a good kicker is actually more valuable than a good pilot (of a jet) in bf3. I would prefer a kicker who could maintain a positive KDR than a pilot who could not.

I went to post this awhile back but Bluelight went into maintainence, like it always does when I'm trying to use it :!

^^ Yeh I know what you're saying, though I'd recommend just playing a match with someone IM, like an audition basically. But yeh without playing with someone I guess stats are all you have to go off. Battlefield 3 stats are pretty good though (on computer anyway) and if someone has a KD ratio of 1 but has wicked point capture and vehicle stats I'd take that into consideration.

I went to post this awhile back but Bluelight went into maintainence, like it always does when I'm trying to use it :!

^^ Yeh I know what you're saying, though I'd recommend just playing a match with someone IM, like an audition basically. But yeh without playing with someone I guess stats are all you have to go off. Battlefield 3 stats are pretty good though (on computer anyway) and if someone has a KD ratio of 1 but has wicked point capture and vehicle stats I'd take that into consideration.

Yeah I would be more than happy to audition with someone who didn't meet the "requirements" but thought they were qualified nonetheless. I'm really just trying to set some sort of qualification but I realize that players get better and improve with practice so I also wouldn't mind playing with newer players or anyone with the desire to clan until they are ready for some competition.

I'm assuming you have the game for PC, Oxycondone, but if you were somehow able to obtain the game for console, regardless of your skill, I would love to have you become a part of the team! After all, it's more about having fun than winning (although that is my aim :)).

I'd love to join your clan but unfortunately I only own it on PC and PS3 :( Man I wish they had cross platform servers. They could give the consoles auto aim and armour or something to help even it up a bit.

Last edited:
its very easy to lose a game of conquest if your team neglects to take any flags. you may be killing more of the opfor but if they have all points your team loses tickets non stop. i think you can have a much better chance at winning if you build a team that works together to capture points, watches each others backs, communicates and effectively uses support roles. i have no problem riding shotgun in a tank and getting 0 kills while repairing the tank. im not saying that k/d ratio should be completely disregarded, i just said that it isnt the sole factor in determining success in bf3.