• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Basic Tramadol ER Questions

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
Essentially, I just have Tramadol that couldn’t be answered via a quick Google search.

1. Is this a drug that you can crush/chew to make it IR? Other opiates I’ve ingested are, but I want to make sure this is one included. I have never had any medical or recreational value with Tramadol. However, I do have access to some 100mg ER pills so I basically want to use the pill as a backup or swap place for other opiates when I’m low/completely out of anything better for me.

2. After crushing/chewing, how long does it generally last before I can repeat or use another opiate? Generally an ER would be good for 12 hours give or take, but does crushing/chewing revert it to the 4-6 hour range before you can consume more or a different opiate?

Thank you!

Hi man
I have never had tramadol ER, only tramadol IR, even so tramadol takes a long time to metabolize in m1 and take effect (approx. 2 hours) what I always did was to stagger the dose, I actually took a lot of it, but it always started with 100mg and was adding doses of 50 or 75mg every 20 minutes
The user @supersonic89 told me that he used tramadol ER maybe he can help you
I guess I could crush the pill and take it, I would crush one of 100mg and add small crushed doses every 30 minutes, I'm not sure if it would work the same, but I don't see why not, what brand are your pills?
Maybe shredding the pills will make it work better, but I don't think it lasts less than 8 hours like tramadol IR, even tramadol IR lasts longer in your system, it could stay in your system 24 hours later, even if it doesn't work anymore, it would actually wait. until the next day to take another opiate

As Nico says, it depends on the pill formulation or brand.
If your pills are not one of these abuse-deterrent formulations, you can crush/chew and make it work more like an IR pill.
You have to keep in mind that, with Tramadol, patience is the key. Regardless of whether it's a IR or ER pill, Tramadol takes a while to take effect anyway (Tramadol => O-DSMT and yada yada). It's recommended to take small doses every 30-60 minutes until you reach your desired dose.
In my experience, my best Tramadol high was achieved by mixing IR and ER formulations. First thing in the morning, I took small doses of Tramadol IR and when I started to feel the O-DSMT, I continued popping a few ER pills. I spent the rest of the day between feeling an intense opioid euphoria and nodding my ass off.
Although you have to be a little more careful with Tramadol ER. The few times I have been about to have a seizure is when I have been taking Tramadol ER. In fact, I think the safe daily dose for Tramadol ER is 300 mg. per 24 hours (unlike 400 mg. for Tramadol IR).

As Nico says, it depends on the pill formulation or brand.
If your pills are not one of these abuse-deterrent formulations, you can crush/chew and make it work more like an IR pill.
You have to keep in mind that, with Tramadol, patience is the key. Regardless of whether it's a IR or ER pill, Tramadol takes a while to take effect anyway (Tramadol => O-DSMT and yada yada). It's recommended to take small doses every 30-60 minutes until you reach your desired dose.
In my experience, my best Tramadol high was achieved by mixing IR and ER formulations. First thing in the morning, I took small doses of Tramadol IR and when I started to feel the O-DSMT, I continued popping a few ER pills. I spent the rest of the day between feeling an intense opioid euphoria and nodding my ass off.
Although you have to be a little more careful with Tramadol ER. The few times I have been about to have a seizure is when I have been taking Tramadol ER. In fact, I think the safe daily dose for Tramadol ER is 300 mg. per 24 hours (unlike 400 mg. for Tramadol IR).

Can you confirm where these fall under for abuse-deterrent? These are what I have and I’m curious if I can crush them for IR.

As for your experience, I’m dealing with only ER. I don’t have IR. I have never been able to get any recreational value with Tramadol, even when opiate naive. So can you suggest what frequency I should crush my 100mg ER to try and reproduce your experience.

Can you confirm where these fall under for abuse-deterrent? These are what I have and I’m curious if I can crush them for IR.

As for your experience, I’m dealing with only ER. I don’t have IR. I have never been able to get any recreational value with Tramadol, even when opiate naive. So can you suggest what frequency I should crush my 100mg ER to try and reproduce your experience.

I honestly have no idea about those pills man but they look generic and apparently are from India so I doubt they are an abuse-deterrent formulation.
But, if you consider yourself as an experienced opiate user, I doubt that you can ge much out of Tramadol anyway. If in the past you didn't have good results recreationally with Tramadol, I don't think it will be any different this time, especially now that you have a high tolerance. In my opinion, it's too dangerous since you may need doses greater than 400 mg. for recreational use.
If I were you, I would save the pills to treat withdrawal symptoms when you run out of other opiates.
In the past, did you took Tramadol by itself or mixed with something else?

Last edited:
I’ve only taken Tramadol in the past by itself. I usually just take it for avoiding withdrawal now.

I’ve only taken Tramadol in the past by itself. I usually just take it for avoiding withdrawal now.

Do you like weed? Marijuana potentiated Tramadol quite well imo. Maybe you could try that. Pregabalin also boosts Tramadol and is a good mix.
It also has anticonvulsant properties, so better.