• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Basic questions about extraction and preventing addiction in the short term with oxy (Percocets)

Beepbeep23

Greenlighter
Hello,
Is there any benefit to doing the cold water extraction process more than once, or does most of the acetaminophen get removed with one round?
Beyond disposing of extra pills so there is no way to redose/take again in a short time span, what is the optimal time to wait between dosings to prevent dependency and tolerance build up? (I'm sure you all hear this all the time, but I am asking for a friend who smokes weed daily and takes mushrooms/lsd twice a year. She says she has never taken opiods before. These are old prescription pills, if that helps.)

There's no real point in doing a 2nd CWE, the vast majority of acetaminophen is removed by the first. The amount left over isn't enough to harm you.

There really is no way to optimally prevent tolerance, the answer is to use it as sparingly as possible. Taking just 1 pill per week will inevitably lead to tolerance, although obviously slower than taking 5 pills per day. There's no real trick here, tolerance is linear.

As for dependence the key is it limit use to under 10-14 days. Daily use beyond that will lead to dependence/withdrawals rather quickly beyond the 2 week mark, but before that is a safe window in which you could take as much as needed (within reason) without fear of dependence.

Last edited:
I've heard of people doing two passes of cwe, I never really thought it was necessary though. You'd lose a little more acetaminophen, but probably also some oxy.

New users are usually more flexible in terms of dependence/tolerance/withdrawal ( all kind of the same thing.) Before I became full time addicted I could go months without significant withdrawal, now it only takes a week. So be careful playing with fire, I would take Snafu's advice.

There's no real point in doing a 2nd CWE, the vast majority of acetaminophen is removed by the first. The amount left over isn't enough to harm you.

There really is no way to optimally prevent tolerance, the answer is to use it as sparingly as possible. Taking just 1 pill per week will inevitably lead to tolerance, although obviously slower than taking 5 pills per day. There's no real trick here, tolerance is linear.

As for dependence the key is it limit use to under 10-14 days. Daily use beyond that will lead to dependence/withdrawals rather quickly beyond the 2 week mark, but before that is a safe window in which you could take as much as needed (within reason) without fear of dependence.
Thank you, I'll be sure to pass that info along. I told her getting rid of extras might be a good idea but I lean towards over cautiousness, but it's helpful to know about the two week thing so she may not need to dump them.

I've heard of people doing two passes of cwe, I never really thought it was necessary though. You'd lose a little more acetaminophen, but probably also some oxy.

New users are usually more flexible in terms of dependence/tolerance/withdrawal ( all kind of the same thing.) Before I became full time addicted I could go months without significant withdrawal, now it only takes a week. So be careful playing with fire, I would take Snafu's advice.
Awesome, thank you. I grew up around various painkiller addicts so while I'm curious I probably won't partake, but if I do decide to try I'll probably only do it once, luckily she only has the one bottle and no known contacts so it's unlikely she'll be able to get more anytime soon, if she or I like it a little too much.