• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Basic All in One Intravenous Cocaine Harm Reduction

doubleheadedeagle

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, Long time no see.

I wanted to make a thread so we can share some advice on what to do when you IV cocaine.
Could you share what you think should be done to not abuse the drug but use it correctly?

Even when considering that IV-ing in itself is a dangerous practice, what could be done to make it safer?

I know there are bits and pieces of information but I could never find an all in one IV harm reduction guide.

I think that testing the drug, ideally with multiple reagents, using clean needles, cleaning your injection site with alcohol wipes, changing the injection site, and not overdoing are the main things to keep in mind in my opinion.

What else should we add to this list?
Also, what do doctors administer in case of a suspected cocaine overdose?

In general, if a suspected overdose occurs the best idea is to call emergency services, but just for sake of information, what could someone do if there isn't a way to call emergency services? (Say someone is in a far away and secluded place with no phones) what should we do to help someone who ODs?

Besides general first aid, what else can someone do?
I know doctors monitor OD patients with EKG, and they administer benzos, which benzo is the best? In case of a heart attack do they give Epinephrine/adrenaline? Also I have read that Beta-Blockers are an option, but why do they use beta-blockers? Also what to do in case of a suspected stroke?

I think that preparing in advance is the best thing. I always keep IV benzos with me, if I or someone wants to do Coke.

And what do you recommend to take in advance to not get a comedown? In my opinion magnesium and vitamin B6 supplements prior, and drinking water during, is a sure way to mitigate unwanted feelings in the comedown.
What has worked in your experience?

I wanted to make this thread because I did not find any precise and useful information in one place that talks about harm-reduction practices when IV-ing Cocaine.

Whatever you deem useful please share it with us.
I hope this discussion will help people when needed.

May Peace and Blessings be with you all.
Thanks in advance

So I love this thread from my ideological love of harm reduction. With that being said, and with my experience, I'll answer your questions as truthfully and bluntly as I can:

Could you share what you think should be done to not abuse the drug but use it correctly?
Literally just don't do it. Not the best answer in terms of harm reduction, but after everything I've been through, it's my answer. Maybe others can chime in with something that might be more helpful.

I think that testing the drug, ideally with multiple reagents, using clean needles, cleaning your injection site with alcohol wipes, changing the injection site, and not overdoing are the main things to keep in mind in my opinion.
Perfect. Keep it up. If the vein collapses, don't' go digging. Suck it up and go intrarectal.

Also, what do doctors administer in case of a suspected cocaine overdose?
Morphine. Everyone can have their knee jerk reactions and say this and that to disagree...I don't care...that's fact. Benzos may be equally as effective but if you don't have a benzo ready to IV, morphine or heroin (pro drug for morphine) works beautifully. Used it more times than I can count. It's immediate and lowers blood pressure and stops the vasocontraction effectively. Problem is people do this and overdose because they don't' administer the correct dosage. It's a slippery slope.

In general, if a suspected overdose occurs the best idea is to call emergency services, but just for sake of information, what could someone do if there isn't a way to call emergency services?
What country do you live in? What state?

And what do you recommend to take in advance to not get a comedown? In my opinion magnesium and vitamin B6 supplements prior, and drinking water during, is a sure way to mitigate unwanted feelings in the comedown.
Water is life. Drink it forever. But the supplements are wishful thinking.

What do you do if you dont want to die but woild much rather die than call ems. Super cold shower? Super slap to yourself? Hold yourself up while panting hard? Or is there just a certain omount your body wont take anymore?
Is this a hypothetical question or are you concerned personally and need the information?

I’ve gotta say this is the most ridiculous thing to ask. We have someone talking about harm reduction of BLASTING COKE , and then someone asking how to not die if you’re dying and don’t want to call ems? Do you have any idea how insane that sounds.

If you continue the course of blasting coke you’re going to end up in the fucking ground, shit is not something you want to be playing with, just snort it like every other coke head and save your own fucking life my friend. This isn’t even harm reduction at this point. “How to not die when I’m dying without calling ems” mate if you overdose on blasting coke and think there’s some home remedy for not dying I’ve got news for you - you either call ems or get right with god. I apologise for my frustration but it’s really not worth the high,

We have someone talking about harm reduction of BLASTING COKE
indeed, I think that part of harm reduction is also convincing people that some ROAs should be avoided period. At times I feel the same when people ask tips on how to shoot H in an harm reduction friendly way, the answer should be "learn how to properly smoke the shit". Don t wanna sound preachy , just a friendly advice from someone who is 41 and has been using hard drugs since he was 2osomething , and managed to stay alive and relatively healthy ( never had an hepatitis for instance). Some ROAs are simply too dangerous , no matter the precautions you take...

I've never been a heavy IV cocaine user, but have done it enough to get an idea of what is safe and moderate for me.

First thing is I would not recommend doing more than three shots in a session and preferably only two. Lot's of reasons for this. Mainly anything after that first shot will NOT give you the satisfaction as the first shot gave you. Chasing the dragon with IV cocaine is not smart. After that second shot its 10x harder to register due to vasoconstriction plus you are stimulated from the cocaine and may not be as precise. Chances of not registering is high, which will cause you to stick yourself again. Every stick could leave a mark and potentially a bruise, so not ideal for someone who cares how others perceive them. Also you increase the chances for a missed shot. Cocaine is very caustic to your tissue and will be red and sore. Could also leave you with an abscess.

I find it easy to put the needle down but some don't. If you have low will power or known to push the boundaries with other stuff, wouldn't advise using this ROA all together.

Other than that advice, always use a fresh clean needle, and alcohol on the injection site. Filtered bottled water is preferred and use as little water as it takes. Also re-register half way through the shot. Take your tourniquet off after you register. Don't shoot tied off. After you shoot, immediately apply pressure to injection site. I never bruise when I do this. Shoot sitting down in a comfortable place.

I also weigh before I shoot to be as precise as possible. Start small and take note of how it affected you. Then you can guage the next one. Also test anything you plan on shooting for fent.

All I have at the moment.

Last edited:
Do you have any idea how insane that sounds.
From the lens of typical society, it sounds insane indeed. From the lens of a harm reduction form, with the contextual information and experiences we all have, not insane at all.

If you continue the course of blasting coke you’re going to end up in the fucking ground

Unlikely, but worse. Alive and very, very broken. It's one of the hardest things I've ever had to navigate in my entire lifetime, and dont' wish it on my worst enemy.

indeed, I think that part of harm reduction is also convincing people that some ROAs should be avoided period.

Sounds lovely in theory, but once it happens (and we could delve into the indefinite possibilities that lead to "x", but without intricate knowledge of the individual's life, we're wasting time), the action can not be taken back. the focus should be on helping the individual navigate the extreme difficulties he or she will face.

Other than that advice, always use a fresh clean needle, and alcohol on the injection site. Filtered bottled water is preferred and use as little water as it takes. Also re-register half way through the shot. Take your tourniquet off after you register. Don't shoot tied off. After you shoot, immediately apply pressure to injection site. I never bruise when I do this. Shoot sitting down in a comfortable place.

I also weigh before I shoot to be as precise as possible. Start small and take note of how it affected you. Then you can guage the next one. Also test anything you plan on shooting for fent.

If you were able to formulate these rules and then adhere to them before ever using cocaine intravenously, that is very impressive. I would say that is the exception, rather than the rule, and be extremely grateful for having the intricate knowledge to mitigate your risk going into this practice.

If you were able to formulate these rules and then adhere to them before ever using cocaine intravenously, that is very impressive. I would say that is the exception, rather than the rule, and be extremely grateful for having the intricate knowledge to mitigate your risk going into this practice.
I understood the seriousness and risks with the practice before I jumped in. I quickly learned that it's not a practice that is sustainable. One night of sticking my arm probably 15 times and towards the last shot 5 times or so to hit the vein. Plus at that point the shot was very short lived and disappointing.

Next week my arm looked wrecked. Had to hide my arm for a while.

I look at this ROA as a treat. I developed most of my rules after jumping in and bluelight was a helpful resource. That's why I like to share what works for ME so that perhaps it works for others.

I look at this ROA as a treat. I developed most of my rules after jumping in and bluelight was a helpful resource. That's why I like to share what works for ME so that perhaps it works for others.
Love to hear that :)