• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Barely feeling any effects with 5mg klonopin

Blackenthesun37

Ex-Bluelighter
I've only been taking for about a year. Have I built up that much of a tolerance? does food effect any of the sedation that one gets from this drug?

yes food reduces the effect of benzos. its time to stop taking it if you're not feelin' 5 mgs.

Please don't just discontinue the benzos, as that would be very uncomfortable and couple be dangerous. Sounds like you have just developed a tolerance OP. There are few things you could do, like cutting down, or titrating off using another medication. But your experience with the tolerance isn't unusual.

As the others said, just tolerance. I am the same and think my benzo tolerance is ruined forever. But yeah, taper down SLOWLY

^ I too am in the same boat. Ended up doing a way too fast taper with a doc using diazepam. Had protracted withdrawals after that for two months. Long story short, I'm doing much better now and I recognize last year was a rebuilding year for dealing with anxiety and depression without benzos.
OP are you experiencing any paradoxical effects such as panic attacks when you take the kpins? If so it may be a sign you need to start to slowly taper. And by slow I mean a really slow taper.

Dude you build up a tolerance to benzos in a couple weeks, much less a year, its not rocket science. Just taper off them slowly and when you're done you will have a new lease on life and feel much better.