• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Barbiturate 3 day blackout - what could have happened?

Slash5331

Bluelighter
A few weeks ago on a Friday morning I took Barbital. I'm not sure of the exact amount but it could have been close to 2 grams as I remember feeling nothing and upping the dose by quite a bit. I also had it in powder form and was just kind of estimating.

Long story short, I went to grab a pizza. It started to kick in on the walk and I remember feeling quite good. When I got home I remember finishing the pizza and then suddenly it's late Sunday night and my mother is shaking me awake. I can't be sure whether or not I redosed over the weekend but I definitely didn't take any more after Sunday night and I still felt pretty out of until about Wednesday.

I'm not asking for anyone to tell me exactly what I did because I know that's impossible. But could I really have slept for 3 days? I didn't piss or shit myself and I wasn't hungry or thirsty either and these things would indicate to me that I was up and about. But at the same time there are no transactions on my bank card. If I was up and about I'd generally expect to see something there.

I guess simply I want to know if I could really have slept for 3 days, or was I still semi-functional but just don't remember it? Does anybody have a similar experience they could share? Surely someone has experienced something like this on benzos.

sounds like a sort of fugue state? and personally i've never experienced anything like this but im really curious about this subject so imma lurk the shit out of this thread 8(

A few weeks ago on a Friday morning I took Barbital. I'm not sure of the exact amount but it could have been close to 2 grams as I remember feeling nothing and upping the dose by quite a bit. I also had it in powder form and was just kind of estimating.

Long story short, I went to grab a pizza. It started to kick in on the walk and I remember feeling quite good. When I got home I remember finishing the pizza and then suddenly it's late Sunday night and my mother is shaking me awake. I can't be sure whether or not I redosed over the weekend but I definitely didn't take any more after Sunday night and I still felt pretty out of until about Wednesday.

I'm not asking for anyone to tell me exactly what I did because I know that's impossible. But could I really have slept for 3 days? I didn't piss or shit myself and I wasn't hungry or thirsty either and these things would indicate to me that I was up and about. But at the same time there are no transactions on my bank card. If I was up and about I'd generally expect to see something there.

I guess simply I want to know if I could really have slept for 3 days, or was I still semi-functional but just don't remember it? Does anybody have a similar experience they could share? Surely someone has experienced something like this on benzos.

Done it countless times on Benzos.

Yea, I would say this scenario sounds about right. Barbital (Veronal) is a very long-acting Barbiturate and as we all know, long-acting drugs (with long onset times) can lure us into a false belief that we've underdosed, when really, we haven't experienced the full-strength of the dose yet. The more likely scenario is not that you slept for 3 days, but that you were in a blackout for 3 days, in which you probably would've eaten, slept and maybe even had conversation with others. It's not a strange thing.

There are literally months of my life that I don't recall because I was dosing very very liberally with very strong benzos. Benzos and barbs can cause anterograde amnesia, which is what this sounds like.

I found this thread (closest I could see for my question), while searching for the effects of barbital. Sorry for your blackout experience! That doesn't sound pleasant at all, especially not remembering. I've only experienced that with alcohol once, and the uncertainty was the worst part.

This might not be the correct place, but here's my question: I have a 9.5 hr flight to Amsterdam in 4 days. We had the luck of finding a non-stop departing at 9pm. The perfect flight to sleep through & starting off on the right side of jet lag. If only I could EVER sleep on a plane. Ex: 13hr flight to China, 3, 4mg Zanaflex (muscle relaxers that KO me with 2mg), 2 hrs TOTAL sleep in 20min intervals. It was like the 6th level of hell torture.

So, I had forgotten that I have an old capsule or two of barbital that I acquired from my schizophrenic sister. I've done some insane experimenting in my day, but now that I'm on a slick slope to 40, I'm scared to give this a whirl for funsies. That being said, would it be appropriate to take for this flight? I also need to pop it pre-TSA. (Prob an hour before even boarding). I'm ambiguously brown, and apparently, Dutch+Mexican=Middle Eastern or Egyptian to the ignorant eye of the profiling TSA agent. Soooo, I have a 80% rate of being "randomly" selected for the eagle eye search. Will I be a babbling moron? Or can I expect a nice slide into a good sleep? I don't have anything stronger than Tylenol PM for sleep, only muscle relaxers and Xanax, but neither have worked for sleep on a flight. Any advice?