• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Baking soda to stop Opana gelling

BeachBum4u

Bluelighter
So, I read on BL a few times where some baking soda will stop Opanas from gelling up in your nose. I'm guessing that's accurate and want to try it. However, I'm wondering how much to use. Currently I do about one third of an a 40mg pill. Can someone help me with this? Many thanks!

This sounds like a dubious claim, i?d test it first in water to see if it helps with the gelling. I can?t imagine it helping at all since people would probably be using it all over the place to defeat the gelling for IV use. Just please don?t go snorting baking soda with your pills thinking this will work.

Took the words out of my mouth, really doubting this one, and ugh just thinking about snorting baking soda makes me wanna hurl, especially with gummed up Opana filling.

No, it won't work-snorting Opana would ALMOST be a complete was, except BA% is so low that if even half of it is absorbed you are getting a decent dose(IV OXYMORPHONE IS 10x more potent than morphine, so even gelled up it would probably be stronger/as strong as oxycodone if snorted properly and grinder as finely as possible) An Opana 40 is comparable to an oxy 80, why not swallow it-it would be a a somewhat delayed though sustained feeling/buzz-Just don't like snorting gel

So the generics gel up too? Probably easier to inject-Brand name Opana Er was voluntarily discontinued by the manufacturer last year

OK, so here's the deal. The generics crush up to a real nice fine powder with some razor work. However after it sits in your nose for awhile it kind of gels up. I'm pretty sure it's nothing like the brand name version. I can live with it.

Lorne- I think you got your BA facts on Opana mixed up. Orally it's only 10% whereas intranasally it jumps up to 43%. Clearly 4x oral. However Oxycodone is just the opposite so they say. Oral higher than nasally but that's a discussion for another day. BTW I am well aware that the BA for Opana IV'ed is 100% but that ain't happened with this guy.

Oxy Ba is about the same oral or nasal-one study with actual Oxycodone tablets showed 75% BA vs 59% for oral

And am well aware of the nasal BA of oxymorphone, and the rectal BA nad delayed Tmax and longer analgesic effects

Also I am aware that snorting gel isn't 100% effective, at all-still, it's potent enough that it will hit faster, and with ~15 BA% by mouth, why not, I guess, though if I had a handful and was too lazy to inject (ha!) then U would just swallow- a couple of tablets grinded up would be fairly strong still

(Note: I Wrote and am still lazily putting together a BA thread ;) )