• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Badly blurred vision, conjunctivitis, eating dope cookies

V00n

Greenlighter
I recently contracted conjunctivitis. It was really painful for the first few days, so in the evenings I had a couple of beers and ate a hash cookie. This made my vision go *very* blurry, to the extent that the next day, I couldn't even drive. Eyedrops made no difference.

I imagine cannabis must affect the same nerves attacked by the conjunctivitis virus.

It's well known that cannabis alters the eye's ability to focus. In his book 'Mr. Nice', Howard Marks smoked a joint and was fitted for prescription glasses to use in a forged passport. He recalled that whenever he used the passport, he had to get stoned to see clearly.

It's an interesting book but somewhat self serving. He's at pains to say he only ever smuggled cannabis but their are persistent rumours that he would smuggle 'items' for others without asking what they actually were.

Howard Marks was pure gold. I went to one of his talks, he was very dryly comical.

Thing is, I've been eating and smoking it for nearly 50 years, and never experienced that degree of blurring.