View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bad trip still affecting me. Explanation or advice appreciated

Jay43

Greenlighter
I'm seeking some advice and/or an explanation over a bad acid trip i had that i feel is still affecting me.

I tripped acid for the first time with a couple old friends of mine at this random party back in 2010. I took two hits for my first time and was honestly intrigued and mezmorized at first with the trip. A couple hours later, were all sitting on the couch about to smoke some weed when this guy who was also tripping spoke up out of nowhere and said, "There's a demon in this house."

Now i had always heard prior to tripping that you've got to stay in a positive headspace to enjoy it and not freak out. So when he said that, i was instantly annoyed and i said, "No there isn't." He replied with, "Yes there is, it's in that room and if you go in there it will follow you for the rest of your life," indicating a room located to my right.

Call me crazy, call me stupid, but when he said that i wanted to prove that there wasn't anything there so i could keep enjoying my trip. So i got up, walked over to the room, and literally stepped half my foot inside the doorway when out of nowhere, fast as a lightning bolt, this blacker than black mass came shooting right past me into the living room we were all hanging out in.

I freaked out a little bit at first jumping back and heading straight back towards the couch. When i sat back down though, i could still see the black mass all over the room. Every time i tried to avoid seeing it the black mass would be right there in my sights. Things got worse when out of nowhere i heard this scream inside of my head while i was sitting on the couch.

It was then i really freaked out and told my friends that i HAVE to leave whether they were coming with me or not. Thankfully they were cool and decided to leave with me. We sat in the car for a few minutes while they tried to convince me nothing was there and i was so scared by that point that i told them id stay in the car if they wanted to go back in but i wasn't going back in there. Eventually we left and finally came down.

I hope i don't sound too schizo but ever since the bad trip I've wondered if there was something following me around since that night. My life to this day feels like a nightmare sometimes because I'm not 100% on if there is anything following me around or not and honestly i can't remember the last time i felt i had a good year in my life.

Just to wrap this up: can someone please explain to me in lamens terms what exactly happened? I get i hallucinated but it was so terrifyingly real i wonder if it's all in my head or did i make a huge mistake and wake something in that house that shouldn't have been woke. Any research I've done hasn't fully answered my questions and concerns with this.

Please feel free to ask me any questions if you need to and any advice/explanation is greatly appreciated.

Wow first off whatta dick, whoever said that.

Second, it sounds like you had a really bad trip and have PTSD from it. Seek help from a therapist, things will get better. :)

Last, I don't believe you woke a demon up because of psychedelic magic. Since demons are not a real thing, I think you are probably in the clear. People have been trying to convince me they were real since I was a child. I believe the only true demons are the illnesses we never deal with.

Check out The Dark Side forms here on bluelight. There are other resources online for you too.

Are you still using anything?

Thank you for your reply and i do still drink and smoke (weed and cigs) but i refuse to do acid again. I had a great trip on mushrooms one time but haven't tried them since. I'm without internet right now unless im at work but I'll be sure to check out the dark side forumns. Would you recommend yoga or meditation for something like this to help treat the ptsd along with therapy?

Meditation and mindfulness seem to be the best things you can do on your own mentally. There is also nutrition, diet, exercise and sleep for the physical and indirectly the mental.

Really, seek a therapist. No one will judge you and they are pretty useful.

There is also a group called Project Aftercare that is for reintegration. PM if you want more details.

Honestly, I don't like I could quit cannabis if I was in your situation because i am weak. But quitting alcohol and tobacco and weed would probably help you a lot, like extremely noticeable within a year.

The "blacker than black mass" represents your greatest fear, your biggest Nitemare.
Make it a friend and accept and INTEGRATE it, because it is a part of you.
Search for a good therapist who has much experience with psychedelics and if possible also with the integral Theorie!