• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Bad trip? Please help identify what was in the edibles I took last night. Terrifying experience.

nonononono

Greenlighter
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, please move if so.

My boyfriend and I had one of the scariest experiences of our lives last night and I wanted to share the experience in hopes that someone might be able to help identify what the heck was in those edibles.

My boyfriend and I are moderately frequent marijuana users, him more than me, but we pretty regularly smoke (few nights a week) or take an edible here and there. NEVER in our lives have we experienced what we did last night.

We were at a small housewarming party with friends, people we knew and trusted. At the beginning of the night, one friend mentioned that she had edibles if we wanted to partake. Around 9:30 my boyfriend went up to her and said we'd like to take up her offer. Within 20 minutes, I felt like my brain had entered another universe. One minute I was standing around participating in conversation, the next I felt my entire body shake, food starting to come up, and the entire room spinning and thought I was about to hit the floor. I promptly went and sat on the couch, thinking I was starting to have a bad high (which I've never had before). I couldn't process exactly what was happening to me but I knew something was really really wrong. I get a text from bf saying "meet me in the hallway in a minute," I go and meet him and can see right away he's in the exact same state as me. I said "You too?" He said "Yep, I have no idea what the hell is going on." I said "these were laced right?" because that's how it felt. He immediately agreed.

We got in an uber home and the next 3 hours was mind bogglingly terrifying. One of the weirdest things was that my bf and I seemed to be having the exact same symptoms at the exact same time, both physical and mental. I'm going to speak on my experience, but note that my boyfriend was going through virtually the same things. Physically, I felt like I had been poisoned. My brain was barely functioning. Different body parts were going numb. My mouth was the most dry I have ever felt. I spent most of the uber ride with my head hanging out the window like a dog. I felt disconnected from reality. I felt like the world had ended. It felt like I had left earth and entered hell and the devil had taken over my brain. I kept saying it was like I was in a nightmare but couldn't wake up. I was speaking nonsense, could barely form words. Some of the thoughts going through my head were "There's no going back from this. I will be changed from this forever. I've left earth, I'm an alien now. They're trying to sabotage me." I kept repeating "I want my old self back." It truly felt like it was going to last forever. My bf and I are both musicians and we were both completely convinced that we would never be able to play our instruments again. We felt like we were gone forever. I looked over at him at one point and asked how he was feeling and he said "like something has been taken away from me."

After about 3 hours of this, sitting on the couch and acting like mental patients, only getting up to puke my entire insides out 4 times, I was able to mostly sleep it off. Today we feel mostly better but a little out of it and just feeling generally very confused.

We called our friend who gave it to us and she swore that it was only marijuana, she said it was 50mg which is more than the amount that is normally in edibles. But everything inside of me is saying that that HAD to be more than marijuana. Paranoid, maybe, but we are wondering if we might have been poisoned.

Does anyone have any idea what this possibly could have been? I tried to describe it well but honestly words aren't doing it any justice. It felt like a light went off. All day today we have been saying we feel like we left earth and now we're coming back and everything feels new.

There is no way for anyone to identify what was in it without testing them physically.

Likely it was just a very heavy dose of THC. I have had nightmarish experiences with edibles, even when I was a frequent smoker.

I no longer take edibles anymore for this same reason. I have never heard of an edible being adulterated, but I guess it's not out of the range of possibility.

If you ever take an edible again, just make sure you know the dose ahead of time, and eat a small portion at a time until you know how it will effect you.

This can and will happen when you mix cannabis, aka as in use different strains of cannabis in edibles, you eat one after the other or you smoked a different strain than your edible or you dosed the same strain for a second time.

The above will make that what you described will happen.
Sick as a dog.
Don't ask how I know.

There is no way for anyone to identify what was in it without testing them physically.

Likely it was just a very heavy dose of THC. I have had nightmarish experiences with edibles, even when I was a frequent smoker.

I no longer take edibles anymore for this same reason. I have never heard of an edible being adulterated, but I guess it's not out of the range of possibility.

If you ever take an edible again, just make sure you know the dose ahead of time, and eat a small portion at a time until you know how it will effect you.
It's just so weird because we have taken edibles many times. Mostly they just make me silly and sleepy. Even at the most intense I've felt it, it normally just feels like a more intense silly and happy feeling. This was NOTHING like that.

Most likely a high dose edible.

It can be terrifying but it will pass.

As an avid cannabis consumer/user, it's always wise to have CBD tincture on hand which will help mellow the high.

As a RNCP and cannabis geneticist/product formulator, I often experiment with these things so I can actively speak on them.

One time I used 1.2grams (1200mg) in an edible and it felt like wearing cinderblocks on my feet and I felt like I faded in and out of psilocybin and lsd highs.

I was watching hang TV and I got up to get a drink and the TV came with me lol.

Glad your both ok and I hope this helps!

Endo

This can and will happen when you mix cannabis, aka as in use different strains of cannabis in edibles, you eat one after the other or you smoked a different strain than your edible or you dosed the same strain for a second time.

The above will make that what you described will happen.
Sick as a dog.
Don't ask how I know.
This is not true.

This is not true.
It is in my experience been ill a few times, violent head spinning projectile vomiting like never before etc...
I take one strain edible once only anything else and I become violently ill.

Each 'mistake' I've only ever done once.

^^^

That's unfortunate and I'm glad your o.k.

The endocannabinoid system is odd and can effect people in different ways for sure.

But I've studied this plant, grown it, worked in labs, written studies, tested multi strains and methods within the same day for 24 years.

I often mix strains on purpose to get an effect I want.

Anyhow, myself personally, I cannot mix cannabis with alcohol. I can have maybe 2 beer, anything more and I become violently Ill. Bit many others do not.

Compounds can be funny like that

Endo

Edibles and beer is the perfect combo here :sneaky:
I sleep like a baby afterwards.

I had to give the edibles up though as after nearly 7 years of daily usage the endocannabinoid system didn't want to accept it anymore or I had to take like 100mg thc oil or something silly like that.

That was last year, got some recently to see how I will react.

If I only have 2 beer with an edible, I too sleep amazing! But I can't have anymore than two.

I generally use edibles anywhere between 25mg and 125mg, thats the best dose range for myself.