View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bad Trip Discussion

Supradrifts

Greenlighter
Okay I want to talk about my most recent trip, which you can tell by the name didn't end so great. This was my 3rd time doing acid and my 5th time tripping overall. I'm really just looking for answers on how it happened. Because it really went from perfectly good to terribly bad within about 5 minutes. So I would like to know your advice on how it started. Here's what happened.

Me and 2 of my best friends took acid around 5:30, at his house which I am perfectly comfortable with, but there is one catch. We had moved into the bigger room that of which his grandfather used to live in until he passed away in that same room. I don't feel like this had anything to do with the bad trip other than possibly being in the back of my mind. Anyways it was 4 hours in.. Right at the peak. We smoked a bowl (my idea) not my first time smoking on a psychedelic, actually I only ever didn't smoke on one was once. And right after the bowl I tried to text my girlfriend (who is completely against these things and doesn't know I'm on them) and someway some how I'm stuck staring at the screen and I can't look away. She's spamming me with messages like it's another one of her anxiety attacks. And she's acting like me or her is about to be dead or is already dead. So now I'm freaking out and next thing you know she's on her way. I only thought she was on here way because I was dead. Completely dead just having an out of body experience. Crazy right? Well here's where my violent side kicks in. It's fight or flight and I'm boxing my best friends in the living room. I broke one if their noses and the cops are on their way. I'm locked out the house and beating down the door punching through the glass. At this time I wasn't even scared, just angry. The cops showed up first and it didn't strike fear in me at all. After being handcuffed the ambulance showed up and I'm at the hospital.

Does anybody know if there was any thing else that mightve set it off. Other than my panicking girlfriend. I'll tell you one thing I did not have the so called "respect for the rules" when it came to acid. I was not ready at all for a bad trip. I'm not scared of doing it again. I just probably won't again while in this relationship. I enjoy psychedelics to much to kick them completely. But I think I will stick to shrooms from now on.

Its common for people to assume smoking weed on psychedelics is rather benign and not something to approach with caution.
Personally i smoked every time when i was in my teens and early twenties.

However i smoke weed very occasionally these days and respect it much more. I have smoked on other drugs in more recent years, however always find it isnt as good as either alone. Further, i recognize it is much much more unpredictable.
I remember smoking a tiny amount on a moderate dose of mxe and spent the next two hours trying to not catch myself in my mind for total fear of insanity.
My point is, im not sure what else escalated your response to your gf, however, weed on psychedelics can produce unpredictably and should be considered for future to minimize concerns.

Hope all is is ok since.

Was the dose any different to previous ones ?

I usually have my phone on flight mode when tripping, don't want to risk getting a call or a text that will stress me, however based on what you wrote your gf would not appreciate your phone being off for hours. Having her flood you with texts and then be on her way was definitely not beneficial especially she's against drugs.

As far as weed goes on psychedelics if I have a choice I go for strains that are relaxing and low on paranoia.
So there is a room for improvement in both set and the setting for your next trip.

In ayahuasca experiences it is common to throw up before the sacred trip: "It involves 'giving back' what is in excess, what hurts us, what does not belong to us or what we have taken by mistake. It can be associated with memories, emotions and visions of personal facts, being in all cases a liberating experience"

Bad trips often show us what's wrong, the bad decisions we took, so that we can change ourselves. It's not true for every bad trip but for a great many.

"my girlfriend (who is completely against these things and doesn't know I'm on them)"

Been there, done that. Well kind of: my first trips were hidden from my then-gf, who wasn't really against it but I was afraid to tell her anyway. Also my first trip ever was at home with my mother sleeping in the other room.

It obviously drove me anxious, having to hide it from the two women in my life the most precious moments when I was deeply vulnerable... needless to say that I never again would trip close to my mom and that I told my gf about it and we had amazing trips together.

Of course if you tell your gf you should show you've read a lot about psychedelics, you know they're much safer than cocaine or opiates, you're quite aware of the risks, etc.

Thats very true.
There is an immense amount of difficulty produced when taking drugs and having to worry about outside world people not knowing. If they are close to you like family, it produces much more anxieties.

Taking drugs especially mind altering ones like psychedelics, while having to be concerned with non approving people, possibly interrupting during... thats gonna be hard if it happens. This is set and setting 101.

People disagree with me and I'm fine with that, but never smoke weed when your tripping. That can easily cause a bad trip, and it's happened to me repeatedly. Mushrooms can be dark and unpredictable, and they are high anxiety for a lot of people, so LSD is the better choice by a wide margin if all the reports are true.

OK thanks for replying. It did happen about 5 minutes after smoking and it was at peak. It wasn't the weed though, I feel it was definitely my gf, but the weed sure didn't help.

It was only 2 tabs and was my second time doing 2 tabs. I heard that I should put my phone on flight mode too. Will definitely do that next time.

She wouldn't buy it, she has bad drug issues in the family. But then again who doesn't. I just happen to be pro drugs and she just happens to be against them

Ahh, classic mistake smoking bowls while tripping on LSD. At least, that was my vital mistake that absolutely ruined psychedelics for me

Stay away from sane people always worked for me.

My first serious trip was one night where me and a friend were staying at my girlfriends house for the first time on a double date type thing. Not met any of her family to this point and she was not a user, or aware of our recreational activities. We scored earlier and were holding so dropped at 9...just for a laugh. Nothing. 1am at hers, as her family were pretty wholesome, we were given a room between us. Pissed off with shite trips, we dropped another. 30 mins later...walls pumping like a heart, skin melting and the curtains were flapping like a broken sail - it was a vertical take off. Long story short...lost in house, front door locked, parents bedroom jabbering all sorts of riddles, rescued by gf with key, key bending like a shoelace, all family awake and us trying to pull door off hinges and re-arranging ornaments and lamps! Wrong place - wrong time - wrong people!!

We ended up walking 20 miles that night...because frankly, it was too scary to stay still! We were shorter than the grass in a field with 100m tall trees around us. We navigated thanks to talking road signs and friendly cows pointing us in the right direction. Peaking, we were walking through...or trying to...a constant attack of green..just green! We were hacking with our arms and at stages we were going backwards and getting toppled over.

It was one to remember! It was ... peculiar :) But I wouldn't say it was bad...just exhausting!

Thank fuck we got out of that house before the green set in!

Turns out those bottom row blotters rang in at around 400 mics....and we picked up lots more very cheaply as quite a few people weren't that keen on the taste!!

Sorry if inappropriate or mis-directed...but you got me excited!!!

Agree with you re: mushies. I came to understand that Acid is far less dynamic than mushrooms. Acid, due to its manufacture does not have a 'signature' and is somewhat superficial. You can always tell whether it's acid or mushies that someone is on, simply by how deep and encompassed they are. I'm from Wales and before the first autumn frost in late August, the fields were full of them and it wasn't uncommon to have the MIA re-surface after days or get found naked in a bush chewing branches, the town knew the score, the police knew the score and were tolerant and understanding. Acid simply doesn't do that...it's a headfuck as opposed to a total car crash. Mushrooms are alive (try and kill a fungus). When I picked mushrooms and ate on the field, I could be looking for an hour or two...but after a good handful was eaten, the mushrooms would tell you where they were - it was strange but it was like it every time. You could walk the same lines ten times and see a small few...but once you were tuned in - thousands appeared - not as a hallucination. This taught me to respect them...because they are living and they can be much nastier than acid. I know a few people that haven't come back from mushrooms....but know no one that has been lost to LSD.

Aaaaahhh.....going off on one again sorry!

most people on this board would agree the mushrooms are more likely to result in a bad trip than acid.

you said you have a violent side....i'm assuming this is outside of drugs...this probably means you shouldn't use drugs if you don't want that side to come out. drug have a way of bringing certain aspects of yourself out depending on the drug that you do.