• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bad reaction to "kratom"

truenamebrand

Bluelighter
I've been using kratom for about two years now, daily for the past year or so. I will disclose, though I have ordered online in the past, I primarily buy from a local tobacco shop. However, I buy several ounces of loose powder at a time, and it is very reasonably priced compared to ever other tobacco and head shop I've been to.

Anyway, a few mornings ago on my way in to work around 6 am, I had run out and my trustworthy shop was not open yet. I bought something called 'Pure Kratom' from the gas station I typically stop at for coffee. It was packaged as 20x full spectrum extract (I know this is largely meaningless). I bought this once in the past from another place and it wasn't terrible, and being it was a surprisingly less than outrageous price, I figured what the hell.

I took 5 of the 10 capsules, and after an hour felt nothing. So I took the other 5. About a half hour later I was having a full-blown anxiety attack and felt like I had smoked weed, which I absolutely HATE. I felt like this literally all day. My mouth was dry, I felt that awkwardness speaking to people, my reaction time was slowed, and I couldn't even get or stay "up" to have sex with my girlfriend. This lasted literally all day -- it was horrendous. I got some of my usual Bali on my way home and it did nothing, not even a slight relaxation.

This was not anything like how one feels when simply taking too much kratom. As I said, I felt like I had ingested THC. If anyone happens to come across this shit, do not buy. God only knows what was actually in there, or what could be in there another time...

Last edited:
I've said this a million times, stay away from kratom extracts. They are much stronger, more addictive and cause much greater withdrawals.
Some people put them equal to vicodins in strength. I wouldnt know, cause I refuse to buy that crap. Kratom leaf powder is all I need

This is why I don't trust gas station/ smoke shop kratom. I'm glad you're alright, I hate that weed feeling to so I can understand how that would completely ruin your day.

This reminds me of the one time I ordered some maeng da from a weird source and it caused me to feel hyped up and like I smoked too much weed or took too much kava. Nasty stuff.