• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Bad ping feeling from 5htp

troytrenko

Greenlighter
I took a 5htp pill the other day to recover from my mdma induced anxiety. That was probably the 4th one I'd taken within about a week.

Having only had a shot of gin about 40 minutes before I started to feel very restless and panicky. I could feel my heart racing and I felt physically weakened. My muscles were shaking and my body temperature was changing, dramatically, especially in my feet. The effects subsided within 20 or so minutes and I felt tired again.

I'm suffering from some odd physical symptoms currently, after stacking mdma a bit of nos and weed 2 weeks ago. Such as numbness/numbness (mostly in feet), cold spots, jolts, cramps, headaches and constant health anxiety.

Can anyone inform me in why this might have happened? My flatmates think it was panic.

If you already have anxiety then I'd say it being anxiety is a good bet. You aren't on any meds, are you? Also, why did you have the shot of gin, if you don't mind my asking? Are you dependent on alcohol?

Pretty much anyone is at risk of developing severe anxiety, especially given the lives that we live in the modern age and MDMA can certainly bring this to the forefront. I'd recommend seeing this as an opportunity to balance your body/self/life/etc and try to reduce the conditions which allow for anxiety to flourish.

If 5-htp didn't help, then I really doubt it's much of a loss. I think it's unlikely that you simply need to 're-stock' on serotonin. I've tried 5-htp and found it had no effect on anxiety at all - although it does work for some.

Either way, it sounds to me like you probably had a panic attack and are clearly severely stressed.

-meditation
-mindfulness
-exercise
-healthy whole foods
-hobbies
-cutting nicotine/weed/alcohol
-perhaps another supplement such as rhodiola rosea/ashwaghanda/aniracetam + CDP choline
-being positive i.e literally actually being actively positive; see mindfulness

If you already have anxiety then I'd say it being anxiety is a good bet. You aren't on any meds, are you? Also, why did you have the shot of gin, if you don't mind my asking? Are you dependent on alcohol?

Pretty much anyone is at risk of developing severe anxiety, especially given the lives that we live in the modern age and MDMA can certainly bring this to the forefront. I'd recommend seeing this as an opportunity to balance your body/self/life/etc and try to reduce the conditions which allow for anxiety to flourish.

If 5-htp didn't help, then I really doubt it's much of a loss. I think it's unlikely that you simply need to 're-stock' on serotonin. I've tried 5-htp and found it had no effect on anxiety at all - although it does work for some.

Either way, it sounds to me like you probably had a panic attack and are clearly severely stressed.

-meditation
-mindfulness
-exercise
-healthy whole foods
-hobbies
-cutting nicotine/weed/alcohol
-perhaps another supplement such as rhodiola rosea/ashwaghanda/aniracetam + CDP choline
-being positive i.e literally actually being actively positive; see mindfulness

I was with some friends who were drinking at the time, it was a one off occasion. I don't drink all that much.

Also I'm not sure if I already have anxiety, I'm just sure I'm suffering from it after doing MDMA.

And thanks for the assistance. It looks like all I can really do at this point is try and stay positive and wait for this to ride out. Although I'm still having some physical symptoms from the MDMA, that I think are being perpetuated from anxiety.