• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bad experiences with LSA, still try LSD??

Germinator

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

I am 17 years old and my friend invited me to trip with him and a few other people that I know to which I agreed. He lives in the nature and we plan to go out in the woods and enjoy nature.

Now I have a little duobt because I remebered the horrible two LSA (Glory moning seeds) which I tell you in a minute and LSA is very similar to LSD.

My first experience with Glory Morning seeds:
The same friend that invited me to trip with him the day after tomorrow threw a house party about a month ago and I ate 4 of the seeds. We went out to the woods for half an hour and when the seeds started to kick in basically all my muscles relaxed and I was too lazy to walk anymore and went back to the house.

At the house I just layed down on the couch and listened to the music and had a lot of thoughts (not negative yet) and was very anti social and never talked. then more people arrived and I just kept sitting there really awkwardly staring at the others. the others asked if i was a okay and if i wanted to drink a glass of water and I it took me like 2 minutes to understand the sentence and to respond. I told my friend that it was too much for me and that I will go upstairs to his room.
i went upstairs and just looked outside and had many thoughts. by then i had a very awkward feeling that lasted the whole time.

And when I entered the dark room of my friend my mood got even worse. i noticed that the location and light had a lot to do with my mood. The whole time i had negative feelings and just thought about how I don't have any friends, which is not true in reality, how anti social I am and how there is no true meaning in life. my pupils were fucking HUGE I noticed in the bathroom.

When the effect lessened my mood became better and better and when i was sober i was so grateful that the trip ended and I was sooo happy in general.

My second experience was different but not better. At a different party where most guest allready left and it was about 1 o' clock I took 3 seeds. Didn't have any negative effects it just really relaxed me to the point where when I layed on my back my tongue almost went into my throat because it was too exhausting to hold it up. Then I took 3 more because I kind of liked the effects. I had mild closed eye visuals like bright mostly silver colours that formed a pattern.

After the seeds kicked in the previous effects became stronger but later arounf 4 o clock i was miserable. it felt like in my stomach was so much air and it ached but I could handly it. the worst was the psychological effect. i didn't have negative thoughts about my life like last time but I felt like i turned crazy and thought i would stay like that my whole life. I was about to call my mom to bring me to the hospital but gladly i remembered my last trip which also ended. 2 muinutes felt like 1 hour. I tried to sleep but couldn't because It was very confusing when i was about to fall asleep I didn't know if i was dreaming or ig it was reality. When I walked around I felt better but out of the corner of the eye i always saw people who weren't there, when I focused on the place it always turned out to be an object. After I walked i layed down again and again didn't remember if the walk I just wanted to do and just thought about or if i had already done it.

Again when the effect lessened I was the happiest person alive and the rest of the day I was still very relaxed but had positiv philosophical thoughts about the universe and had a very good time with my best friend talking about deeper stuff. Nice aftereffects after a bad trip.

Now my question is: Should I try LSD? is it really that similar to LSA? I don't want to go through hell again. my friend that invited me who is VERY experienced with all sort of drugs and especially psychedelics just texted me after I told him my concern with the seeds that it would be very important to communicate if I have abad trip and that he will try to influence it in a positive way.

has anyone here had bad experiences with LSA and good one with LSD? Please respond quickly because the Acid will be taken in 40 hours 8o

Hey, welcome to Bluelight, and good job coming here to get information before making your decision. :)

This is a hard question to answer. There are many factors at play with psychedelic experiences. Most important is the concept of "set and setting". Your set is your mental state going into the experience (are you stressed? Are you depressed? etc). You want to trip when you're in a good place (generally, though people do sometimes use psychedelics to help deal with depression or other negative mental states). The "setting" refers to the circumstances that you trip in. You want to make sure that you're doing it at a good time when there is not likely to be anything to stress you out or overwhelm you - for example, setting it up so you've got a house to yourself, with only maybe 2 really close friends, and you've got music, food, water, and there's no chance anyone will come over unexpectedly. In your first experience, it sounds like when the other people arrived, it made things difficult for you. This is very common because psychedelics often increase social anxiety and awkwardness when you're uncomfortable. You should trip when you can be sure of the group you're with, for example you and 2 good friends alone for the whole night. It's important to only trip with people you're fully comfortable with, and to avoid unpleasant surprises. I'm not surprised you had that reaction; I've had many trips, early on, where I experienced extremely distressing social anxiety for periods of time, which led to negative and judgmental thoughts about myself and a lot of anxiety.

Now as for your second trip, this is also a fairly common thing to feel on psychedelics (the feeling that you've made yourself crazy and it will be this way forever). I have experienced this feeling a number of times (I have tripped many hundreds of times over the years). You just have to remember that's not true, it's a drug affecting you and it will pass. Psychedelics alter the way your thoughts are working so dramatically that it can be offputting or even scary sometimes. It can also be glorious and beautiful. Psychedelics can be a rollercoaster of emotions, and not all moments are positive and euphoric. Some trips are quite challenging and unpleasant... some of my most valuable and memorable trips were painful or frightening to live through, but I wouldn't change them. If you use psychedelics you have to be willing to take the downs with the ups. A lot of the time, when you're feeling anxiety about something, you can think about how and why you feel that way and learn something about yourself, and that gives you the opportunity to make positive changes in your life. And then sometimes you just experience a beautiful, loving trip that's nothing but positive. The fact that when the trip wore off you were left happy and philosophical is a good sign that you may be able to enjoy and utilize psychedelics. Sometimes while tripping you will be challenged emotionally and mentally, and it's about rolling with whatever comes your way, letting it wash over you, and remembering that it will pass. If you're able to do that, then usually the anxious feelings fade away and you can enjoy the trip, but if you let yourself get consumed by those anxieties, the trip will become all about them. Some people view this as a "bad trip", and others just view it as a difficult trip that may even end up being a positive experience in their lives.

Now for your question about LSD... almost everyone finds LSD to be a superior psychedelic to LSA (though LSA can be quite good). LSD comes on faster and has much less body load, and LSA can have a lot of bodyload. Generally the most difficult part of a trip is the come-up. It;s partly because you're rapidly becoming hugely altered and it's sometimes difficult to make that transition because it's disorienting. Most of the time if I have anxiety it's during the come-up. I always just breathe and remember it will pass, and once I hit the peak that disappears unless I let the anxiety take over. Also, bodyload can frequently cause anxiety throughout a trip, because it feels unpleasant. LSD feels a lot more transparent on the body and nicer than LSA, in general. LSA is known for causing a significant amount of bodyload in most users. So in that respect LSD is better. But keep in mind it's also generally more powerful mentally, it is more of a psychological trip. Personally I love LSD, it makes me feel empowered and comfortable, but it's powerful and probably a little more "jagged" than LSA for most. Since you dealt with the negative feelings in your other trips pretty well (it sounds like), then if you're still curious after reading this post and other responses, I think it's safe for you to try LSD. I'd start low and see how it is, paying attention to set and setting like I described above. Music always helps to put you into a good place... closing your eyes and laying back to great music is one of the best parts about tripping and it takes you away from your earthly anxieties, if you're experiencing them.

Also, you're young, but not so young I really feel the need to try to dissuade you from doing it. But I just wanted to put it out there that we seem to find through noting the prevalence of "difficult trip" threads here and other anecdotes online, that young people tend to have more psychological problems with psychedelics. I always recommend waiting until at least 18 to use them, if not older (I started at 18). As you get older your sense of self and your self-assurance become stronger and more defined, and it's easier to deal with intense challenges to your ego. 17 is certainly better than 14 or 15 like we frequently get asking questions on here, but it's still not ideal. For me, waiting til I was out of my parents' house in college, with a rapidly emerging life and some semblance of independence, was a very good thing, and I got a whole lot from my first trip, actually it changed my life.

Thank you very much for your reply, Xorkoth. I am glad that LSD does not have such a large bodyload as LSA because I am pretty sure that my physical condition had an impact on my psychological rough experience. Since I am fairly new to this group of people (expect one) I am still unsure if I will do LSD with them but I will decide tomorrow. My other friends especially my best friend with whom I usually hung out with the past few years tollerate drug use but still have a pretty conservative or you can say ignorant attitude towards drugs. They like to drink and smoke I guess because it is socially acceptable. So I know my best friend would trip sit me for 10 hours but it would still feel awkward I think since he is not an illegal drug user himself.

I like the idea however that we will be out in the woods because even sober I enjoy nature a lot. Now I have one more question. There will also be DMT available the day after tomorrow. Due to my previous experience with LSA I have more respect and scared of LSD than I am of DMT. Do you think it would be agood idea to try DMT at first and if it wasn't a negative experience I will try one tab of LSD later. My friend who got the LSD said it would be better to take one tab to experience the full effects and not somewhere between sober and tripping. Now I am not sure if that is good advice, so please comment on it. He also tried the stuff and says it is pretty good.

Really I am not very afraid of a bad trip more so of a psychosis. My brother had a cannabis psychosis after he smoked hasish. I think though that he used it excessively. He is fine now but it still worries me a little because i heard a psychosis is more likely when there is a family history that indicates a genetic predisposion (I think that's the world lol). However i do not know how a cannabis psychosis relates to a higher chance of a LSD induced psychosis. I smoked weed several times, last week excessevily because we had a one week school trip and I was basically stoned the whole time. Then I experienced a emotional down on the day after the trip ended but I was fine then. So I don't think my family history affects me. Hopefully...

It's definitely a valid concern. The fact that you tripped and had difficulties but remained in your head and able to deal with it is a good sign, but unfortunately no one can really say for sure whether it will ever happen to you.

DMT is MUCH more intense than LSD, but it does last far shorter... of course that period of time can feel very long indeed. I have a friend who did DMT before any other drugs. Personally I would recommend LSD first.

Being outside is great, I always have much smoother trips outside and being in nature feels so much better than being inside. As for these new friends, how comfortable are you with them? Do they seem like nice, cool people? If there is going to be discomfort from any of them then I would wait for an opportunity when you can trip in a situation without these things.

If you did not like LSA or had bad experiences on it I doubt you will like or enjoy LSD if that's what you get as a lot of what's sold as "LSD" these days is actually a research chemical that's not LSD at all. I would not use DMT either since you did not like LSA or tripping.

Good point of not being sure whether you really are getting LSD, especially if a friend is providing it. There are ways to test blotters though. Anyway I don't think this poster should necessarily write off tripping entirely based on the way he described the trips. I had some rough, unpleasant trips in my early days on LSA and some great trips on other things that have less bodyload.

Just remember, set and setting. Don't compromise on those things or you're asking for a difficult, unpleasant trip.

Yes, they are very nice people and I feel comfortable around them. What do you think of the idea of taking half a tab and see how I feel? How long would that last if it is a "normal" tab. And would you recommend drinking a beer before doing it to get a smooth introduction to the trip? And I am pretty sure that my friend has real lsd since he has good sources and tried the stuff out as an experienced tripper.

A half tab will probably give you an undefinable altered state... likely to be very mild, not really a full trip (unless they're strong). My recommendation if you can't test them is to taste a tab, and if it's bitter, it's definitely not LSD and I wouldn't take it. If it's not bitter then I can't think of anything it would be except bunk or LSD or an LSD analogue, and all of the available analogues are high quality, nice drugs too.

If you're nervous, try a half tab, it's probably the safest thing to do, but I doubt you'll trip. If I could be sure you were going to get real LSD I'd suggest starting with a full tab, but there's no guarantee, a lot of people are unaware that LSD isn't what they're getting (though it's certainly entirely possible it is real LSD, you just have to be careful these days).

Even though LSA definitely has, to a certain degree, some incredibly interesting, mind-bending properties, it's very easy to overdose on, revealing it's harsh side-effects, which can be not only actually dangerous, they're also and more accurately, abnormally pestilent and loathsome :! ...so nothing one would miss if he/she wouldn't have had tried 'em!

LSAs effects are in no way akin to those of LSD. LSA is way more unpredictable and can turn within seconds from "happy within the experience" into "hellishly gettin' f'd" - and this to a degree, no LSD on this planet ever could!

Last edited: