• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Bad experience with speed??

elizabeth-kaela

Greenlighter
Okay so I tried speed for the first time about 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to find out if anyone had a similar reaction to it. First off should I call it speed or meth, because my coworker says its not actual speed since it was a brown powder, and that would make it meth. So I took it around 9am Saturday morning and it was an extremely small bump (I got it for free from my friend's boyfriend. I didn't really feel the euphoria that I had read so much about, I just wanted to clean a lot. We decided that since I take addy and vyvanse almost daily, I had a tolerance built up so I took another bump a bit bigger. I was good until later that night around 8pm where I started to feel very anxious and seeing shadows out of the corner of my eye. I didn't sleep the entire night and around 2am I was convinced someone was in my living room with me, when no one was there. Starting around 6am Sunday morning I started to talk to myself like hallucinations, I was having full conversations with my friend, only to later find out she hadn't left her room till 10am. I also grew extremely agitated and mad because I knew she was awake, but she was staying in bed with her boyfriend instead of joining me in the living room. For the rest of that day I was very snappy at everyone, didn't eat anything, and smoked a whole pack of cigs. Nothing else of note happened after that, but I can't help but wonder if my experience was normal or not.

Its not normal but given what you took depending on how much and your biochemistry it isnt abnormal lookup amphetamine psychosis. I get extremelyanxious angry and paranoid and use nicotine like its water and ive not had any in a week.

Nicotine at high doses activates the parasympathetic nervous system which is basically the opposite of amphetamines activation of the sympathetic nervous system so your basically just unconciously trying to get to a more tolerable balance.

Schizophrenics chain smoke often too ina psychotic agitated state because also acetylcholine pkays a role in memory and cognition

sounds like classic stimulant psychosis. It seems like it progressed pretty quickly in your case, I wouldn't touch that stuff again if I were you. Stick with vyvanse and adderall

Was the speed more like a brown powder or were there very small "crystals" in it? If so it most probably wasn't speed or meth at all, but some RC. It could be anything from some substituted pyrrolidine to methylone.

I would stay away from all stims for a bit, even vyvanse and adderall, once you see the shadow people when your on any stims/ amphetamines you cant unseee them, if stopping isnt an option then just try to ignore the fact you think something or someone is there.

I had two phases of amphetamine addiction that included all pharmaceutical preparations (primarily Adderall) and a few RCs (Isopropylphenidate, 3-FPM). During the first phase, the shadow people and "whispering walls" were a constant. Strangely enough, years later, during the second phase, I never once got paranoid or encountered voices or hallucinations. I was also taking higher doses. I finally attributed this to the daily phenibut I was taking. So, it is possible to "unsee" the shadow people.

It sounds like there may have been a harsh stimulant in your brown mix, that upon snorting it, might have accumulated with your daily prescription intake. This was definitely a stimulant psychosis, but its onset is usually not this immediate, and occurs during prolonged use/binge consumption.

I might as well be the one to deliver the cliche: If you can't stop your stimulant intake, use a benzo or phenibut to nullify the unpleasantries.

Don't listen to your friend as to what speed really is and what it shouldn't be(depending on where you live, who you hang with, this can vary). Sadly, I learned that majority of the drug users outside of bluelight, are straight up RETARDED and misinformed. For example, I got into an argument with this big "meth chef" who I was in prison with for a parole violation , he was another one of your typical "know it alls". We were arguing whether adderall was an amphetamine or not (lol I know, very pre school). He kept trying to argue with me that adderall is NOT an amphetamine, that it is a "methylphenidate", I tried telling the retard that methylphenidate is a different stimulant drug, known as ritalin, with an amphetamine backbone. it is not a type a type of class or family of drugs, thus, adderall is an amphetamine, NOT a methylphenidate. HAHA! I swear man, the shit people say