• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Bad experience on MDMA - How much do you think was due to environment?

ellieroberts

Greenlighter
I just joined this forum because my recent experience on MDMA has drastically changed my feelings towards it and I would like some insight into this. I only started dropping in summer of last year, i don't roll frequently maybe once every few months or so. After March this year, I took a 6 month tolerance break and sure enough when i went out in late September i had an incredible time. I plan to drop again for a club night this time next month. However, i'm unsure as to whether or not it's worth it after an experience i had last weekend.

I was visiting a friend in university and it was a spontaneous decision to roll. My gut was telling me as soon as we made the decision that it wouldn't be a good idea, and i wish i'd listened. Reason being is that only three of us were rollin, whilst everybody else was blazing.

I don't know how much this girl gave me, but it wasn't very much. We only split 1g between three but i strongly believe she would have taken more for herself, which is fine, because usually on about 250mg i would feel great.

None of us came up for a while. I started feeling a bit of a buzz but it lasted 10 minutes if that, dropped again and i felt good, but not great. As a result, we just started smoking weed. Bad decision. I made a transition from what was an alright buzz considering the low dose i took to a horrific, psychadelic state of mind. I respect that a lot of people enjoy this kind of combination, but i'm not one of those people. My friend was feeling great and she kept saying things like "mdma is always amazing" and "the environment and atmosphere doesn't matter" - but personally i felt like sh** being on the drug when everybody else was blazing and chilling.

I started tripping like mad, got crazy paranoia, and took myself to another room and just talked myself through it for three hours yes three hours! I knew it was all just a consequence of the drug but i never knew pure crystals to have this kind of effect on anybody. The comedown was absoloutely horrifying whilst the buzz was so minimal. I still don't feel like myself, but i'm getting back to normal.

The question i want to ask is do you think it was the weed that set this on or just the environment being an absoloutely pointless one to drop in? I have had a similar experience to this the last time i took pure mdma as well, when everyone just seemed a bit bored. However when i went out last month and took good quality pills which id researched on pill reports etc i felt absoloutely incredible, with the music the lights and the people.

Is it weird that I disagree with these people that seem to think MDMA is good in any kind of environment? Surely where you are and who your with is a massive contributing factor to how buzzed up you feel. :?

Sounds like bad gear to me.

I'm one of those people that thinks it's good no matter what environment you're in. Coming down in a bad environment, or worse, being around negative people, is a whole other story.

Probably was, not going to read much more into it than that. I personally enjoy a lot of my comedowns if you're with the right people, few js and some good music with the afterglow of the night before. This was a whole different story though. I just felt cold and ill and wanted to feel normal again.

Yeah, prob bad product. You could dose mdma while being tortured in the bowels of hell and still have a great time. For me at least the environment has very little say unlike other drugs like psychedelics

Environment matters, but it doesn't completely control the experience. Like I either have a good time or a fantastic time depending on the setting. It's not like traditional psychedelics in the sense that it can swing from amazing to horrific. Although bad vibes have dulled the roll for me.

You should consider investing in a test kit to find out what you're taking. Also remember that a 'gram' is never usually an actual gram (at least here in England), so reconsider what doses you're actually taking.

Try testing your product and weighing your dose, you'll almost certainly have a better time. Also consider taking less, even 250 mg is a hell of a dose.

"the environment and atmosphere doesn't matter"

Personally I think this is silly. 8) Try it alone in a parking lot, then try it in a hot tub with your SO. MDMA has a nice, positive push but it's still very set-and-setting dependent.

Well first off in my opinion, purity doesn't affect the type of high you get. It's really only a basis of how much of the drug you get per weight. I don't think the impurities will affect you at all (except for sassofrale being a carcinogen)

Yea it was most likely because you took the drug with a bad state of mind beforehand. If you have your doubts, don't roll that night because this is a proven phenomenon with alcohol. People who are angry and then get drunk, have their anger intensified. Same with this i suppose, your emotions before the transition to rolling become magnified.

I've had this happen to me a few times, but i was able to calm myself because i knew exactly what was happening.

Hi Ellie,

Personally I think that it was a panic attack onset by the weed, sounds like you had way too much MDMA as well!

If you do take MDMA at the club like you are planning, I don't believe that you will engage the same experience unless you are smoking weed, but I think you have learned your lesson the hard way unfortunately.

I try and make the best out of any situation but I do believe set/setting has a great effect as well. Just a factor I can add or "somewhat take out" of my experiences, hard to explain but hopefully that makes sense to someone.

I recommend if you want to keep using MDMA not to use more than 150mg max per time... some people look at this as "not enough to get you off your nut bro", but if you really care about your brain long term wise and still want to keep going, keep it to that. Nice and safe, your Tuesdays will not be an absolute nightmare. If you are getting pure product like you should be, this will be ample to have a great night.

No one likes seeing absolutely gacked kids munching their gums like a crack fiend anyway. It's not a good look.