• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Bad experience after smoking a joint

anvils

Greenlighter
I had my first bad experience after smoking last night and I'm still trying to make sense of what exactly happened.

My friend came over with some weed from a dealer she's never bought from before and rolled me a j. She didn't smoke because her sinuses felt bad.

I smoked the whole joint myself and walked like five steps out of the bathroom before fainting. I've fainted before because low blood pressure runs in my family and I'm used to passing out when smoking.

My ears were ringing and I eventually just lost hearing in both of my ears which is not unusual for me.

What was really weird and started to freak me out was that I started to experience both visual and auditory hallucinations.

My vision was stuttering and spinning and after my hearing came back I started to hear loud crashing and beeping noises that weren't there.

I became extremely paranoid and would keep going to the door and just staring outside.

I completely lost my sense of time and wouldn't be able to remember the last five minutes of my life. Eventually I tired myself out enough that I fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning still baked as fuck like an hour before a meeting with my private banker.

I think I might have inhaled it too much because I would let the smoke out of my mouth but then breath it back up with my nose and let it cycle through once more (not intentionally, I just kept breathing it in as I was exhaling)

Anyone else had experiences like this? Never had hallucinations of this intensity after smoking before.

EDIT: I forgot to include that at one point I started shaking and my friend thought I might be seizing (but obviously I wasn't).

Last edited:
i've had a similar experience but it lasted a solid 10mins, i was convinced my weed was laced, happened to me and a friend. same effects.

a lot of the time these experiences are caused by panic and they are definitely not uncommon.

what's your tolerance like?

Not crazy low but not that high either. I can smoke like 4-5 times a night if I pace myself but if I just smoke a bunch of weed at once I just faint. On that particular night I was so terrified I was going to die that I just lied down as close as I could get to the mattress and just stared until I finally slept at 4 am (two hours after I smoked). Hallucinations didn't stop until I woke up the next morning.

OP; I've been smoking on/off for 32 years. I'm medical now and smoke 3-5 times/day. About 2 weeks ago, on a low tolerance I smoked some Jack Herer (the strong Sativa phenotype). And yep, full blown panic attack, lowered blood pressure, feeling faint, anxious and panicky. I just lay down on the couch for 2 hours, tripping and then I was right as rain.

Tom

Yeah it was probably just a different strain than what we normally smoke (it was from a new dealer). Honestly it's not that scary to me now but at the time I thought I was going to die. One of the disadvantages of getting weed through convoluted routes through friends is that I rarely know what I'm smoking and what to expect.

Yeah it was probably just a different strain than what we normally smoke (it was from a new dealer). Honestly it's not that scary to me now but at the time I thought I was going to die. One of the disadvantages of getting weed through convoluted routes through friends is that I rarely know what I'm smoking and what to expect.

The city just needs to get their asses in gear with opening weed stores.

Shit's already legal in the District... but there's nowhere (retail) to buy it, at the moment. Bullshit. :eek:

And don't even get me started on the irony of the fact that the district that houses our federal government has legalized marijuana on a local level, but the federal government that fucking works there still refuses to do anything on a nationwide scale. SUCH bullshit. :eek: