Bad cathinone experience

cephaloma

Greenlighter
Hello,
last Friday my friend offered me a small dose of 4-CMC, it was really small - 100mg for two of us. Beforehand I asked him about side effects etc. as I haven't done any research on this RC. He told me that day after I can have alcohol like hangover and on Sunday morning I'll feel great. Well, I was stupid and listened to him, snorted about 50-60 mg. I didn't feel anything special tbh - just more energy and will to dance, I wasn't talkative or smth. "High" lasted for no more than an hour, then I sat down and smoked a few cigarettes and went home. I was struggling to sleep - I head faster heart action and my body temperature was higher than usually. I fell asleep around 3 am and woke up at 7-8. I felt really bad that day - strange sensation in my head, dilated pupils that made my eyes vunerable to sun and dry mouth. I couldn't focus on anything, however I had very clear memories of yesterday's night. I was sure that this would pass away after day, max two days, but... Now it's almost week later and I still have problems with focus, my head feels light and there are strange, electric like, sensations inside it. I have problems with balance too, anxiety kicks in everytime when something strange happens to my brain. I did research about 4-CMC and well, it's not safe.. I see two possibilities: neurotransmiters leves are very low or neurotoxicity caused neuron apoptosis.. However I did only 50-60 mg, which is around 1/5-1/10 of normal dosage, by normal I mean that it's not followed by very dramatic hangover. I really am freaking out about my cognitive functions, because I will have exams in 2 weeks and if nothing changes there is no chance for me to pass them, because I can't absorb infromation like I used to before last Friday. It would be shame if my future would be destroyed by such a stupid thing, I really regret it.. if I could turn back time.. My friend did as much as 2g of 4CMC and other mephedrone like drugs and he has never experienced such dramatic side effects.. I would really appericate any tips on recovering or just your stories describing dealing with 4cmc or other mephedrone like drugs comedowns.

Freaking out atm, not sure if should contact a doctor (psychiatrist/neurologist?)..

**sorry for my English, it's my second language

Everyone's body is different and in this case yours reacted very differently. One thing that I always recommend to people when they are still feeling the effects of a drug longer than others around them is that they focus on curtailing the anxious thoughts ("I have created lifelong damage"). There is no basis for this thought--it is completely conjecture. Once you start worrying it compounds and exaggerates those symptoms that you are experiencing so if you can change the thoughts from fatalism to optimism ("I am taking all the right steps to healing my body from the effects of this chemical"), I think your recovery should go faster and smoother.

By all means, if your heart rate stays elevated you should see a doctor. But anxiety also raises one's heart rate (and blood pressure) dramatically so do things to calm yourself and then observe how you feel. It would be best to stay away from drugs, eat healthy fresh foods and get lots of exercise. <3

So it has been around one month since my bad experience and now I'm pretty sure it was 3CMC. But tbh my comedown didn't end yet. I experience same symptoms as people who have suffered from long term MDMA comedown, like anxiety (mainly caused by overthinking about brain damage, drop in IQ), strange pressure in head, I can't foucs (I somehow passed my exams, but I could do better if I were normal), reading became chaotic - letters just jump and I get confused really quickly. I had long discussion with my friend, who told me it's impossible to get such side effects from that small dose.. but.. I really don't know what I'm supposed to do now. In this mental state it won't be possible to continue collage, I'm really worried. Tbh I think about suicide, because I won't be able to tell my parents about what happened and otherwise I'll not be able to continue doing what I've been doing through recent years (medical uni). I was so stupid, I know, i shouldn't have trusted people, but can one mistake really destroy me and my future?

I'm hopeless now.

Last edited:
I gave myself 4 weeks, if I'm not back to my old self then bye bye cruel world.

Please! Listen to herbivore,
I think i “know“ herb from other
Forum,just a guess...but sure
knows whats talking about!!!
Specially also cathinones!(seeds maybe ;-) )

Hello,
last Friday my friend offered me a small dose of 4-CMC, it was really small - 100mg for two of us. Beforehand I asked him about side effects etc. as I haven't done any research on this RC. He told me that day after I can have alcohol like hangover and on Sunday morning I'll feel great. Well, I was stupid and listened to him, snorted about 50-60 mg. I didn't feel anything special tbh - just more energy and will to dance, I wasn't talkative or smth. "High" lasted for no more than an hour, then I sat down and smoked a few cigarettes and went home. I was struggling to sleep - I head faster heart action and my body temperature was higher than usually. I fell asleep around 3 am and woke up at 7-8. I felt really bad that day - strange sensation in my head, dilated pupils that made my eyes vunerable to sun and dry mouth. I couldn't focus on anything, however I had very clear memories of yesterday's night. I was sure that this would pass away after day, max two days, but... Now it's almost week later and I still have problems with focus, my head feels light and there are strange, electric like, sensations inside it. I have problems with balance too, anxiety kicks in everytime when something strange happens to my brain. I did research about 4-CMC and well, it's not safe.. I see two possibilities: neurotransmiters leves are very low or neurotoxicity caused neuron apoptosis.. However I did only 50-60 mg, which is around 1/5-1/10 of normal dosage, by normal I mean that it's not followed by very dramatic hangover. I really am freaking out about my cognitive functions, because I will have exams in 2 weeks and if nothing changes there is no chance for me to pass them, because I can't absorb infromation like I used to before last Friday. It would be shame if my future would be destroyed by such a stupid thing, I really regret it.. if I could turn back time.. My friend did as much as 2g of 4CMC and other mephedrone like drugs and he has never experienced such dramatic side effects.. I would really appericate any tips on recovering or just your stories describing dealing with 4cmc or other mephedrone like drugs comedowns.

Freaking out atm, not sure if should contact a doctor (psychiatrist/neurologist?)..

**sorry for my English, it's my second language
You had just horrible bad luck, "one" can be a bad contact without clean substance and "two" can be that your metabolism doesn´t accept the stimulance and gave you "rare side-effects"..... I take it sometimes and its nice, some dopamin, some serotonin, good focus and clearness - on the other side be careful wit craving, some dizzy come down, but nothing special. Max. twice at weak and 30-50mg smoked/vaped or snort, has quiet a bit tollerance so be a bit careful, the neuro- o cardiotoxic info seems clearly a bad rumor....