• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

bacopa for social anxiety

trainman04

Bluelighter
im starting bacopa soon I read many say it helps their anxiety issues . Have anyone here tried it for anxiety? does it make you more confidence and more careless about what other people think? I read a study that BACOPA increases SERT (Serotonin transporter) which would lead to less serotonin receptor activity and since there are serotonin receptors in the amygdala the amygdala activity would reduce thus help anxiety maybe. Or it could be for some other reason it works all just speculations..
So have anyone here tried bacopa? does it work immediatly for anxiety? how does it feel?

You say you're "starting it" soon. Do you mean a doctor is prescribing it? If so, are they prescribing it for anxiety? If so, I'd say there's a good reason why they did.

Ah, I didn't realize it was a nootropic herbal supplement. Personally, I have near zero faith in stuff like that, but some people swear by em, even if it's just place over coloring their experience. Best of luck with it, but don't be shocked if it doesn't do anything.