• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Baclofen is garbage. Don’t ever get it!

For me, only for a muscle relaxer for back issues, and only what I have experience with...

Metaxalone (Skelaxin) - Nearly or no psychoactive effects, good for if you have to go into work, unfortunately also weak as a muscle relaxer.
Methocarbamol (Robaxin) - Better muscle relaxer but it will make you a little drowsy. "Middle of the road" relaxer but minimal recreational effects. Possibly to potentiate opiates (etc.) a little.
Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) - If you haven't been taking it, a "hammer to the head" dull drowsiness. Good muscle relaxer. If you got some bad back spasms that day, a Cyclobenzaprine that night before bed can be quite useful.

I have chronic back issues. Not debilitating, I can lead a normal life with care and exercises but I do have bouts of spasms periodically. Less often, I'll be severely knocked down by this but I happen to respond very well to Epidurals.

Anyway, muscle relaxers are generally only useful to me the same day I get back spasms. Muscle relaxers the rest of the day and definitely one before bed can often head off longer term issues but they are useless the next day.

So, I peruse my "selection" and decide how drowsy I want to be and how strong a relaxer I need. Don't see a lot recreational about them.

Always wanted to try Soma. Docs have been pretty leary about it for a while.