• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Baclofen 10mg.

MissingJackson

Greenlighter
My Dr.🔛 I use that term loosely took away my Xanax and put me on baclofen 10mg. I have no clue to what this drug is supposed to do.
And why are Dr's changing meds via phone appts.?

What is your diagnosis? Why were you given the Xanax in the first place?

Baclofen can denifinetly help with post acute withdrawal symptoms and is also handy when tapering benzos'.

_But_:
It will not be able to substitute alprazolam, when it (xanax) is stopped abruptly!
You should talk with your doc about that issue.

I’m also on Baclofen 10mg. I’m taking it for relief with my chronic migraines + headaches, and I’ve taken 2 at nighttime and found it to be quite relaxing.

What is your diagnosis? Why were you given the Xanax in the first place?
Bipolar, PTSD, anxiety and depression factors. Prior psyche Dr. 8 years,
225 venaflaxine
200 lotrimagin
100 mg quentipine
1mg Xanax
150 mg bupropion HCl sr
New Dr.
150 mg bupropion
50mg quentipine
10 mg baclofen.
What's wrong with that photo.

I don’t know why the baclofen is being added. It’s mainly used as a muscle relaxer for people with MS. I have been on it before but didn’t like the side effects at all so stopped it. I would have muscle spasms at night time occasionally.

I would definitely question why you’re being prescribed it.

I just know that I don't feel right. I keep clenching my jaw and my muscles just keep tightening up. I want to lash out and mess someone up. Not like me at all. And the RLS is beyond rediculous.
🤦🙍🙎🤷🙆💁🙋

It's the sudden removal of xanax. Your doctor is an idiot to remove a benzo sudden;y without tapering. Benzo withdrawal is awful and long-lasting and potentially deadly if your dose was high. It lowers the seizure threshold. Your symptoms line right up with benzo withdrawal. Baclofen is not going to cover up benzo withdrawal.

I’m taking gabapentin, baclofen, Oxycodone, quetiapine fumarate, amytriptilline and trintellix daily. I was taking Klonopin and Effexor, too, but the pain doc said I should get off the last 2 drugs. I also have a shit ton of cyclobenzaprine left from an old “3 times/daily” prescription.