• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Baclocen withdrawl assistance

aspiringchemist

Bluelighter
I am switching from baclofen 10mg 4x daily to gabapentin; starting at 300mg 2x daily. I've been on that baclofen dose for 5 years without missing a day.

Doctor wanted me to taper baclofen but of course I didn't do it responsibly... today I am out of baclofen. I have only taken 20mg the past 3 days instead of 40mg.

I have #17 300mg gabapentin and cannot get fill until 10/10 because I used extra for anxiety earlier in the month.

I also have diazepam 5mg twice daily.

Question is, am I likely covered with the meds I've got and dosage I was on or should I expect a real withdrawl?
I kicked phenibut a year ago and would hate to buy some but I could do that to bridge the gap until gabapentin refill.

Just looking for thoughts or suggestions. Thanks

Dont know about their relative potency, so your first step would be to determine their dose equivalencies so you know if youll have enough to cover. If not i think 10mg of baclofen is like 1000mg phenibut so if you dont have enough gapapentin equivalent then phenibut could be used.

Thanks for your post. Baclofen and gabapentin have differing MOA's but I've heard that gabapentinoids are useful in gaba-b agonist withdrawal. I have certainly found them interchangeable. I'm not sure there's an exact conversion. My educated guess is that 100mg gabapentin is roughly equivalent to 10mg baclofen.

Coming off pheninut was really easy for me and I didn't taper much there either but was still on baclofen. I guess I'm playing musical chairs with gaba drugs...

I don't think I'm really in for anything serious withdrawl wise. I'm really hoping that the relatively low dose and other meds will make it a smooth transition.

It is now 24 hours exactly without baclofen. Will report back.

I have exactly enough 300mg gabapentin to take 1 capsule per day until my fill. I'm hoping that will be sufficient.

It's now 48 hours post last ingestion of 20mg. I am definitely beginning to feel a bit uncomfortable.

Came clean to the wife about eating half the gabapentin script instead of tapering the baclofen as instructed by doc. Fortunately (in this situation but unfortunately overall) my wife is prescribed butalbital for migraines and clonazepam for PTSD. She is keeping me well and giving me shit simultaneously haha

Found a single 10mg baclofen just now and ingested it. I am going to order a little phenibut just to be safe. I have a really severe anxiety disorder so any form of gaba withdrawal scares the hell out of me. Not to mention the actual physiological and cognitive dangers associated with withdrawal from gabaergic substances.

I'll stop bumping my own thread now haha...

Couldn't you just tell your doctor thr taper was too fast and you had to take more, and get him to prescribe more baclofen and slow down the taper?

I'm sure I could. I just switched to this new doctor and didn't want to put that out there but can if need be