• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Back pain on cocaine

Bam2019

Greenlighter
I get back pain when doing cocaine (occasional user). Wpd flexeril help with the tension?

Hi Bam and welcome to the 7th layer of Dante's Hell. You obviously did something pretty fucked up to end up here ;)

I'm a little bit torn philosophically on your issue, because the issue in questions has a known cause and corresponding known cure (not using Cocaine), but I shall bite. The drugs that you've listed Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) and Carisoprodol (Soma) are indeed commonly used to reduce tension, as you've stated. I don't see any major reason why you shouldn't use either of these with Cocaine, both of us knowing that Cocaine use is an inherently dangerous and risky practice in its own right.

Something to be aware of is that Carisoprodol is actually something quite different than what most believe it to be. It's actually a prodrug for what would today be considered a powerful sedative drug Meprobamate (Miltown). A "non-barbiturate" is the nomenclature used to describe a class of drugs which are chemically distinct from Barbiturates, but really possess most or all of the effects of Barbiturates. If you're not aware, Barbiturates are essentially the more fun/dangerous prequel to the Benzodiazepines. My point is, you can overdose and die from Carisoprodol just like any other Barbiturate, so be careful. Judy Garland wasn't careful and neither was Marilyn Monroe.

I just want you to be careful. I think you should also consider how your posture might be effecting your condition. Sometimes when people take stimulants, they tend to find themselves tensing unknowingly or find themselves in otherwise strange positions for long periods of time. Perhaps you could fix the problem without incorporating new drugs into the mix?

Stims cause muscle tension so it's not at all uncommon. Both meds could/should help but I find Flexeril worthless for muscle tension - which I suffer from so badly I live in severe chronic pain. Soma helps a bit but for me Valium is the only real winner. Flexeril or Blaclofen are definitely good starting options that are safer.