View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ayahuasca leaves dry?

ticking

Ex-Bluelighter
the leaves aren't burnt but there sort of dried up I left them in the sun too long 8(
Is there anything that can be done to resurrect them?
Any info is appreciated

Ayahuasca is the name for a mixture of plant materials stewed together, most of which is not leaves. Do you mean that you are growing a plant used in ayahuasca and that it has died? You may be able to resurrect it by watering it and moving it out of direct sunlight.

it contains banisteriopsis caapi

nope the stem is still alive just the leaf is shrivelled,

Last edited by a moderator:
It contains caapi? What kind of leaves are you drying? Caapi is the vine--you would just use the woody material for that. Perhaps Psychotria viridis leaves?

Na I wasn't trying to dry the leaves just put it in the sun for a bit as I noticed the leaves,were droopy when I got it.

Have you watered it? If the leaves are crispy then it is probably dead.

Yes I've watered it. Crispy I'm not sure I don't want to touch it for fear of making it worse but I think its improved.

??;?;??

I can take a picture of it and post I don't believe it's dead.

Yup post a picture. The only thing left to do is read about caring for it while you wait.

qsdxge8l.jpg

A plant with that level of wood could survive dehydration and sunburn. I it looks a bit waterlogged though. I suggest reading about some basic gardening techniques.

leave root/plant to dry on newspaper for about 12 hrs
replant with new soil, fertiliser then water :)
buy one of them moisture meters off ebay or amazon it will let you know if it needs watering.