• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ayahuasca in a Gastric-Bypass post-op body?

temeculove420

Greenlighter
Hey friends! First time posting here, really excited to see what I can learn from the seasoned psychonauts out there. To preface my inquiry, I'll explain a bit about myself. Until the last year or so, I had lived my entire life "clean". I was never against the use of marijuana or other psychedelics, but I never had any interest in trying it myself. I only drank on occasion, and I don't smoke tobacco (although I do enjoy a pipe or cigar on occasion).

About a year and a half ago I had this strange but welcomed feeling in my body. I equate it to the happy anxious feeling/butterflies one gets when they're excited. Except this wasn't just in my chest; it took over my entire body. Upon getting this feeling, something told me to pick up my phone and say 'yes.' Not 5 seconds later, my phone rang and it was my friend. He said he got an urge to call me about this new thing he just got his hands on: DMT. He was well aware that I had never even touched a bong before, but still felt compelled to offer me some. The next day we met up to go on a journey--and it felt more like a pilgrimage of discovery.

I spent the earlier day researching DMT--read some stuff on Erowid and watched The Spirit Molecule. I went into this completely relaxed and prepared. Ironically I have been successfully practicing lucid dreaming for the better part of 10 years, so I had already been well versed in the aspects of OOB, Shakras & energy flow. One thing I did prepare for was the duration--from what I gathered from Erowid, my friends own testamony & The Spirit Molecule, is that an average "trip" lasts anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes with the method we smoked (sandwiching between some herb on a mesh pipe).

My trip was different.

Three hours, two seizures, some weird "snake talk" later and I was still not back to reality. The seizures were not bad--they were actually amazing. I suffered lower back pain for years prior, but when I came back to "reality" my back pains were completely gone! My friend said I was talking in third person in some mix of english and "snake talk" (he said it's a harry potter reference, but I haven't seen HP). He said I did not close my eyes for three hours, and had this glazed over look of extreme happiness the entire time. Lastly, as a lucid dreamer I keep a journal. Well the next morning when I woke up, two pages of my dream journal were filled with gibberish, symbols & foreign words I'd never heard before.

-----fast forward to today-----

I plan on writing a complete article on my experience, what I have found those symbols & words to mean in the year and a half since my first trip, and how my life has completely changed...but I'll save that for later. For now though, on to my original purpose of this article.

In 2007 I had distal Roux en-Y Gastric Bypass surgery, going from 390lbs. to 180lbs in about a year. With this surgery, they essentially take your 20-33 foot long small intestine and bypass it down to about 2.5 feet & cut your stomach down to about the size of a walnut.

Aside from having some seriously rank farts, it hasn't really affected my or drinking habits aside from the obvious. I eat a healthy diet, don't drink sodas & am considered very healthy. My meals are admittedly much smaller though, and I can feel when hot coffee hits my stomach within almost 25 seconds though.

So with this said, I'd like to see your opinions of drinking Ayahuasca with my condition. I am very sad to say that I smoked my last batch of DMT. I've been using an oil-pipe for the past half year, and I break through every single time into what feels line a millennium. I'd love to continue experiencing this, but have no source to obtain more. But I feel urged to try Ayahuasca, as it seems relatively easy to procure at home, and the results appear to last much much longer. I do not want to end my journey and learning simply because I don't have a source to buy from, but I'd still love to know your thoughts.

Sorry for the long read! I look forward to seeing where this takes me :)

Last edited:
You say you can't get anymore DMT. You do realise all you need is to order some mimosa hostilis rootbark, grind it to powder, chuck it in a steel container with sodium hydroxide (drain cleaner available in any DIY store) and some bartolines low odour premium white spirits (available in b&q), stir, take off the top layer (with a cup or a cheap syringe, turkey baster etc), freeze and the DMT magically appears. It really isn't a problem making your own.

The only problem with taking ayahuasca is that it's a good bet you'll vomit. If you use freebase DMT and moclobemide then the nausea isn't that bad but when the DMT hits you probably wil throw up fairly violently once or twice before you settle down. Is that gonna be ok with the gastric issue?

Oral DMT is the king of kings of psychedelics. Best body high (after the initial nausea), most psychedelic and the most "presence" of any psychedelic I've tried - ie it has a feeling that there's something else present apart from you.

Part of the lasting results of Gastric Bypass is a high likelihood of vomiting. My stomach, although stretched back to a near-normal size, still is much smaller than a normal stomach. As such, I reach that "ate so much Im gonna puke" level much faster than most. I was under the impression that homebrew DMT was a much more hands-on & time consuming process. Of your experiences though, would you say Ayahuasca brew is more of a spiritual experience than smoking, or vice versa?

There are a few anti-nausea things you can try. Mix the freebase DMT in coca-cola to form DMT phosphate, add 5-10 drops of essence of lemon oil to deactive the nausea receptors, even try zofran (although I've never actually tried zofran yet).

Oral DMT is a lot more of a learning experience. It comes on gentler and slower so you have time to understand and absorb what's happening to you. Then you have 1-2 hours at the peak of DMT which is a once in a lifetime privilege.

Check how you are with MAOIs before you trip - if you go for moclobemide, take one and see if you're ok with it. Similarly if you're using syrian rue or one of the other MAOIs.

There are a few anti-nausea things you can try. Mix the freebase DMT in coca-cola to form DMT phosphate, add 5-10 drops of essence of lemon oil to deactive the nausea receptors, even try zofran (although I've never actually tried zofran yet).

Oral DMT is a lot more of a learning experience. It comes on gentler and slower so you have time to understand and absorb what's happening to you. Then you have 1-2 hours at the peak of DMT which is a once in a lifetime privilege.

Check how you are with MAOIs before you trip - if you go for moclobemide, take one and see if you're ok with it. Similarly if you're using syrian rue or one of the other MAOIs.

I've grown accustomed to throwing up from the simplesit things (not bulimic), so nausea is not something I'm worried about. You say it's a once in a lifetime privilege; do you mean that when one drinks the brew, they only feel the effects once?

I plan on using b. caapi (yellow, maybe black) & MHRB for my brew, following the recipe on http://www.ayahuasca-info.com/recipes/. Does this look accurate? In the process of finding a source that still sells jurema RB in or to the US, preferably one that accepts Bitcoin.

well, if you don't mind puking, then Caapi is your drug...personally , Caapi was a fucking nightmare...try S. Rue instead if you can't get meclobemide.
...and, no, "once in a lifetime" doesn't mean you can only get off on it once...I too Ayahuasca every day for over a month and it actually got easier to get off the more I did it...I think it has something to do with the MAOI becoming more effective...don't remember now.
I see that you are in the US...Meclobemide is out probably, but you can get MHRB with no worries...I pay cash for mine from overseas and have never been burnt...Good luck.